advise please - not loosing - please look at my diary.

Options
2»

Replies

• kparks770
    kparks770 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Im thinking maybe sodium and sugar.I notice you use sugar and cream and thats usually fattening.Carbs break down to sugar too.SO,I would watch the salt & sugar.You could use silk soy milk -I use it a lot or here lately I need to fix it on my diary-I had skim milk and truvia.Stevia-(cheaper more known asTruvia) is the best sugar sub for me.Its all natural,no chemicals and it actually taste good and is made from real sugar and Im picky.Make sure you really measure everything too-I learned that quick.Try to change your diet around every so often.Your body gets used to the same so it stays the same.You have trick it and with exercise you have to trick ur mind.I seen on the news the other day that people are exercising really fast and stopping after 10 min then resting and then doing something else for 10 min etc-that u have to trick your mind with.Try looking on dr oz website for new recipes,check out the hungrygirl on google.She has cookbooks with meals under 300 cal and 200. Changing your diet keeps you from being bored and maybe once in a blue moon eat whatever you want for the day thats bad-before you eat drink grapefruit juice -not the sugary kind.It helps absorb fats and cholesterol from the food.Drink lots of water.I like to change exercise to things that are fun.I take dogs for a walk,swimming,zumba,wii fit,wii fit plus,and just dance and just dance 2-which is fun.We all hit plateaus so you just tweak whatever you do. :) Good Luck and dont be discouraged-my diet and exercise have been hard too.You can do it though:) Have a good one!
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I would definitely cut back on the breads. Just yesterday you had 4 slices of bread and a hotdog bun. It's alright to have it, but try it only in moderation until you get to your goal weight. Good carbs come from fruits and veggies...bad ones come from bread, rice, noodles...I bet if you cut out the breads and drink more water you'll start dropping again.

I wanted to add that I don't buy "diet" foods. I like to stay eating what I would do in my daily life so when I get to my goal weight I can still eat what I always have...just less of it. My diary is open if you'd like to see in there.
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You sound like me.

I have figured out to lose the real weight I will need to exercise. I have been a ok eater for the most part. But for me to lose I will have to do cardio. Some of us are just that way. I would leave your cals the same unless you can drop the breads for fruit and veggies and add 2 snacks. This is what I have done.

I personally need to get rid of the coffee. And eat fresh fruit and veggies more too. I have been working on my food for over a year trying to count and log and get the family used to me dieting. But I know what I need to do now and starting with the next grocery visit I will be on my way for that half of my goal.

Then comes the exercise goal. I believe C25K and 30DS are programs that I will benefit from. In the past I have lost weight by doing cardio mixes like these. And have kept the weight off with little effort after I stopped trying to lose. Only having gained weight with children I think my weight should come off easy and stay off.

My issue is I have gone so long without any exercise that I am just a beginner now. And I am so far over weight that having to count every calorie is something that is very necessary.

If this sounds like you Let me know. I am looking for friends who understand my current issue and are in that boat too.
  • powerthree
    powerthree Posts: 28
    Options
    Agree with everybody else the processed may be an issue but sometimes when working out you may be getting leaner but end up putting weight on because you are building muscle. If you are not taking measurements start you may see big movement there even if the scale is not budging. I also use a body fat scale.