eating cals and not losing

Options
Okay so ive been doing my insanity workouts which burn around 500 cals... My question is... should i eat those cals? I have been but i think since i have them im adding in bad stuff like ice cream or a small large fry instead of a small if i want it :)

Should i stop eating them so i dont cheat like i am? Or eat them but try to eat better? I just dont seem to want the good food when i have the extra cals

Replies

• bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I think you should try eating maybe only half the exercise calories with good healthy foods
  • shaheerahs
    shaheerahs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'd eat them, but maybe not all of them, sometimes mfp is generous with the calories burned and sometimes the nutrition data is a little off depending on who entered it

Eat something good with your extra calories, you want to give your body the proper fuel for your next workout and to get you through the day. ;)

I'd only eat the fries as a once in a while treat, because of the grease and sodium. Maybe instead of ice cream get low fat frozen yogurt, just read the label and make sure what exactly you are going to be putting your body.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Okay so ive been doing my insanity workouts which burn around 500 cals... My question is... should i eat those cals? I have been but i think since i have them im adding in bad stuff like ice cream or a small large fry instead of a small if i want it :)

Should i stop eating them so i dont cheat like i am? Or eat them but try to eat better? I just dont seem to want the good food when i have the extra cals
    Are you sure you're burning 500 calories? Unless you've actually independently measured it (with a heart rate monitor or other device like Fitbit or Bodybugg) then you may be burning much less.