zumba

Options
Ok, so i need to get back to exercising, the only problem with that is i HATE to exercise! i mean do not like it. haha. so i've bought zumba and i really do like it. i just want to know does it work? is there anyone here who has seen results from zumba. Its fun and i love it cuz you can dance. i just want to be sure im gonna see the results i wanna see.

I dont like being lazy, its just hard after work, when im always feeling drained. But i want and need to get back into shape. I've put it off for long enough!

If anyone has any insight and or wants to set up a weekly check-in with zumba workouts weekly we can do that! Im ready to do this!

Thanks!!!
Chels :happy:

Replies

• bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Zumba has been my primary form of exercise since mid January and I have lost 90 pounds. I have also changed eating habits.. but Zumba has been awesome.. but like my instructor says.. .you get out of it what you put in it.. so you really need to put everything into the moves and not do them halfway... it's really fun and helps :)
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Zumba is seriously the only exercise I have ever found that I love so much -- I will plan my personal life around it! I go at least 5 times a week now.....usually more. I joined a gym just so I could have numerous locations and classes and some days I go twice! I have no rhythm but it's so dang fun.... you meet people in class and they will keep you accountable!

I lost my weight before finding Zumba a year ago.... but I sure wish I had found it a long time ago! I've lost a few but I am not really doing it to lose weight anymore -- just to get fit and feel healthy and it does the job.
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    I love Zumba. I have lost 56 pounds but in total about 25 inches combined. I have the game and the dvd's.. Good luck you will see results as long as you push hard and keep at it.. I would be willing to check on ya and keep ya accountable for Zumba'ing lol... If you would like...
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    I lost about 26 pound with Zumba and other exercises. I started in March 2011. In the beginning of my weightloss adventure Zumba was pretty much the only thing I did besides walking and watching my calories. Then I added strength training and then got more workout DVD's (doing Jillian Ripped in 30 now...intense but I love it). I have 20lbs to go, but Zumba definitely kick started the weightloss. Zumba will always be one of my major cardio workouts!! :)
  • IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba at least 3 times a week. I love it. I lost 4 pounds in the first week! I love it!
  • chelseajillian5
    Options
    oh wow! thanks guys!! looks like zumba is where its at!!!!
  • chelseajillian5
    Options
    yea that would be fantastic! i added you!
  • chelseajillian5
    Options
    I love Zumba. I have lost 56 pounds but in total about 25 inches combined. I have the game and the dvd's.. Good luck you will see results as long as you push hard and keep at it.. I would be willing to check on ya and keep ya accountable for Zumba'ing lol... If you would like...

yes please, dang i dont know how to use these post things! haha
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I convinced HR at work to get the Zumba dvds for our health group and we do Zumba twice a week after work. I hate to exercise. I also have a torn ligament in my knee so I am very limited on what I can do (cycling is my favorite exercise, although Zumba is edging up on that spot!).

Zumba is something I look forward to. It is totally going to aid me in getting to my goal weight, and having fun while doing it!

I bought some dvds off of ebay but it's an older version and I don't like it as much. Beto speaks spanish on them so you have to wait until the co-host cues you in to what is next, so it's hard to adjust. However, I just ordered the Exhilarate program and am awaiting delvery. I cannot wait to get it.
  • chelseajillian5
    Options
    I convinced HR at work to get the Zumba dvds for our health group and we do Zumba twice a week after work. I hate to exercise. I also have a torn ligament in my knee so I am very limited on what I can do (cycling is my favorite exercise, although Zumba is edging up on that spot!).

Zumba is something I look forward to. It is totally going to aid me in getting to my goal weight, and having fun while doing it!

I bought some dvds off of ebay but it's an older version and I don't like it as much. Beto speaks spanish on them so you have to wait until the co-host cues you in to what is next, so it's hard to adjust. However, I just ordered the Exhilarate program and am awaiting delvery. I cannot wait to get it.
    Yea i have an older version, i'd really like to get the exhilarate program!! It looks good!
  • kellyth78
    Options
    i've been doing zumba on the wii for just over 2 weeks and have lost 8lbs and 8 inches across my body. i have done it almost everyday cause its such good fun. good luck and enjoy the great results x
  • Dietduo
    Dietduo Posts: 9
    Options
    I purchased the Zumba for Wii and have realized that I have absolutely no rhythm! So far it is not one of my favorite routines, but I haven't given up yet.
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I purchased the Zumba for Wii and have realized that I have absolutely no rhythm! So far it is not one of my favorite routines, but I haven't given up yet.
    Exactly! As long as you keep at it. I am not the best dancer, and there are moves that even after 2 months I still have not mastered (couter-clockwise booty circle .... hello?!!) but I have stuck with it and now look forward to our sessions.

What is different about the Wii version compared to the dvds, anything?
  • felon72
    felon72 Posts: 21
    Options
    I am with all of you. I really love doing Zumba, but have choosen to do the home videos. I used to love to go to classes but was not thrilled when my instructor vanished and I had just paid fifty dollars for a punch card. The weight was coming off all over my body and like a big dope I stopped my work out and gained it all back.
    Would love to chat and help motivate others . Feel free to add me as a friend and Good luck to all of you.
  • chelseajillian5
    Options
    ive heard the dvds are more intense than the game. i actually need to get back in shape before i can go full force. My hip has been killing me, to the point of almost can walk. so i've tuned it down some, thinking about getting the game though
  • KatieRRicks
    Options
    Hi Im new to these boards, but i would love to check in weekly! I started a "Zumba off the Pounds" with my class this week. Weekly checkins will help me stay motivated. Also, Im usually unsure how to log excercise for Zumba. Does everyone use the "Fast dance" category to track excercise for Zumba?
  • kellyy29
    Options
    which zumba work outs do you guys think is the best for burning calories? i'm quite young and weigh quite a lot so i'm desperately trying to lose weight and have zumba on the wii and absolutely love it
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    I love Zumba!! I went last week and lost 4lbs!! Its a great workout!!! We had a FREE Zumba Toning class last night at a gym I go to and it was over 75 women there. It was so much fun!! I do it on my Xbox360 and I just got a dvd for it. I want to get the ZUmba clothes now that everybody be wearing!!!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Zumba is seriously the only exercise I have ever found that I love so much -- I will plan my personal life around it!

I am the same way! Sometimes it makes the hubby mad when I plan my life around it, but he knows it's good for me and puts me in a *much* better mood!:bigsmile:
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I haven't done it regularly enough to see results but I can say that, for a person that barely sweats at the gym, I am drenched by the end of the session! Something has to be going on! I just bought it for we because the place I was taking it at once in a while closed down. Going on my 3rd day doing at home. Much more convenient!

Good luck!