!st week down with a big success, Lost 7 lbs in 7 days!!

Options
2»

Replies

• melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Wow that is awesome! Congrats...Whats your secret if you dont mind me asking?

A lot of people lose big the first week or two if they have a significant amount to lose (say more than 50ish pounds). By staying within the daily calorie limit you're body is suddenly eating much less food than before, and you're hopefully drinking more water.

I didn't add exercise in until about 4 or 6 weeks into learning how to eat a proper portion (Buy a scale and measuring cups and measure EVERYTHING, especially at the beginning).
  • thepinas
    thepinas Posts: 38
    Options
    Wow that is awesome! Congrats...Whats your secret if you dont mind me asking?

A lot of people lose big the first week or two if they have a significant amount to lose (say more than 50ish pounds). By staying within the daily calorie limit you're body is suddenly eating much less food than before, and you're hopefully drinking more water.

I didn't add exercise in until about 4 or 6 weeks into learning how to eat a proper portion (Buy a scale and measuring cups and measure EVERYTHING, especially at the beginning).

Yes, I do have 100 lbs. to lose. I did it with just diet for my first week and at least 4-16 oz bottled waters, but I just got some work out video's from a co-worker and will start working out ASAP!! :) I lost 70+ lbs. a few years ago with low cal diet and work out videos, but then let myself go when I got married and had a baby. Hopefully this time around I lose it and keep it off! :)
  • menacingsprite
    menacingsprite Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!

Bear in mind a lot of that was probably water weight. It's nearly impossible to lose that much fat in just 7 days--every pound of fat lost means you've burned 3500 calories, and I'm hoping you didn't starve yourself seven times that amount.

So if the loss slows down after this, don't get discouraged! You're doing a great thing for your body!

You can do it!

THIS is something to really keep in mind and don't get discouraged. It didn't take a few days to put on the weight... it'll take time to lose the weight we've gained over a lifetime. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!