I just wanted to let everyone know...

kerrilucko
kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
That this morning my scale moved! a lot!! I lost 2 lbs this week and I am going to share something with you guys that may be just silly but I really think it helped. I was getting into the habit of drinking a diet soda almost everyday. Well this week I laid off the soda and voila! So I am conducting an experiment- no soda this week. Let's see how it goes :bigsmile: :drinker: Love y'all!

Replies

• kerrilucko
    That this morning my scale moved! a lot!! I lost 2 lbs this week and I am going to share something with you guys that may be just silly but I really think it helped. I was getting into the habit of drinking a diet soda almost everyday. Well this week I laid off the soda and voila! So I am conducting an experiment- no soda this week. Let's see how it goes :bigsmile: :drinker: Love y'all!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    I actually read somewhere (helpful, I know...I need sources!) that even diet soda can screw with your body's water retention. Something about the minerals in the carbonated water making your body hold onto its own fluid more. I'll have to see if I can find it again.

Good for you! That's fantastic that you lost that much! You're almost to your goal! :flowerforyou:
  • That's great! Congratulations! :happy: I dropped 1lb this week. And I think it's because I cut out alcohol. So it really matters what you put in your body...and that does not just include food!
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Congratz!!!!! Yeah I think drinking the soda can have something to do with the water retention. I only drink it every once and awhile when I am really craving one.

I have noticed a big change in my skin with me drinking all of my water, but always forget to log it though.

Again Congratz!!!!

Molly :flowerforyou:
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Good job. I too have read in multiple sources, none of which I can remember (well, I think there's something about it in the Biggest Loser work out book... and a lot of other things I've read) that any kind of soda, even diet, is bad for your body. The acid messes with your stomach/ digestion and more importantly the carbonation causes bloating and water retention. (And those fake sugar chemical ingredients they use for diet soda are even worse for your body than the natural sugar in regular soda). I've read that if you want to get lean and show off your muscles, you can't have any soda and you should even lay off fruit juices and anything except water or totally natural drinks like tea and stuff which pretty much count as water.

I don't drink much soda and when I do I count it as a treat, like a desert, so that I can really enjoy it (because I have a sweet tooth LOL) and so that's it's a rare indulgence, not a regular thing.

Good job!
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    I don't drink it anymore, but when I did, it always made me retain fluid. I have also read that diet pop really isn't good for your bones, has to do with making your bones lose calcium, which you probably aren't too worried about right now, but I am. I want to stand tall when I get old :happy:
  • kerrilucko
    :laugh: I wish someone had posted this diet soda news! lol, at least now I know, better late than never! :drinker: <---- that's me drinking water and water only :grumble:
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    i use sparkling water with a trace of my fav juice & that keeps me happy
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/30309-losing-it-with-jillian-michaels-soda-quota

I found this link quoting Jillian from BL. HTH clarify what I was trying to say. :flowerforyou:
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    My scale also moved down a pound woo hoo..which puts me at 195..and diet sodas do mess with you bad..its the sodium in them that keeps u retaingin water..and also a lilttle tip for you every pound lost equals 4 pounds off your knees..its ture i asked my doctor..and to date i've lost 80 pounds in a year i'm so happy..:drinker: :tongue: have a great day all
    275 starting weight 2007
    195 current weight 2008
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Great job! You look fantastic and are so close to your goal :happy:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    WTG!!!:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: Yes I only drink soda once in a while....like once a month. I used to drink Mountain Dew all day every day. No water :noway: :ohwell: Wow!! That was when I was at my heaviest. Before even starting this program I totally cut soda out and drank only water. I didn't change anything else, other than walk the dog every day. And I lost 30+ lbs. That was over a period of 3 years. But for not changing anything else I'd say that's a heck of a difference....Water...drink Water...it is your friend:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    :happy: :wink: :smile:

GREAT JOB!!!!!
    I am stalled out and I just started.... not a good combo.

You are so close to your goal and that is SOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

106069.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!