SOoo not right...

Options
Frannswaz
Frannswaz Posts: 172 Member
Have you noticed all of these 'sugarfree' drinks the ones that scream - NO SUGAR ADDED!

Blindly you pick them up (at least I used to) and woohoo....a list of artifical, chemically concocted 'sugary' ingredients.

Of course the jury is still out on whether they are good or bad for you.

Personal opinion - give me something that chemically my body can 'read' and use.

Anyway why can't we have some drinks that aren't poisoned with sugar - regular sugar - cane, beetrot, whatever - why do we have to indulge our tastebuds with a level of 'sweetness' that is one not natural and too just perpetuates the cycle of our tastebuds ruling our minds.

End of rant.....

Reason for rant...

So called 'sugar free' Ribena.....sigh.....LOL!

Replies

• gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Guess what else isn't right? "Skinny" labeled items that are FULL OF SUGAR.
  • elsieshaye
    elsieshaye Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yep, I agree. Water and plain tea for me. (I've noticed I can really taste the sweetness in berries and herbal teas much more now that I've cut out nearly all added sweeteners.)
  • Frannswaz
    Options
    Yeah that's another one!
  • Frannswaz
    Options
    Yep, I agree. Water and plain tea for me. (I've noticed I can really taste the sweetness in berries and herbal teas much more now that I've cut out nearly all added sweeteners.)

Its shouldn't be surprising but sometimes it is...nature is full of 'sugary' treats you just have to give yourself a chance to really 'taste' them.
  • vanislandgirl
    Options
    I hear ya! And the worst part of is that the average person falls victim to those catchy buzz words and fancy labels and don't have a clue about what those chemically sweetened products are doing to their bodies and particularly, their insulin levels! Ouch! I've been using lemon flavored "Perrier" as a treat, but it's expensive and it still contains citric acid and the jury is still out on that one also! Can't win for losin' :cry:
  • bigfatbino
    bigfatbino Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Because people are addicted to an overdeveloped sense of sweet. Companies sell sweet stuff because it makes the most money.

I prefer coffee and teas, but as far as soda goes, can you recall ever seeing a bitter, hot, or sour flavored soda?

There are some sodas that are being sweetened with Stevia. But when I need a "sweet beverage" fix, Now I reach for a Coconut Water.