it just tastes crappy...

Options
it's amazing the switch your body goes through when you really commit to making good decisions...I can't believe what (and How much) I used to eat.

Yesterday I stopped off to get my favorite treat, a homemade milkshake at this ice cream place, and couldnt even get through half of it, because it just tasted "bleh" now...like my body was saying "i just want the good stuff!"

Replies

• abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    That happened for me as well! I was sick for like the first 2 weeks of my diet change, but now I feel awesome!
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I was going to go get ice cream yesterday and thought about it for a while and ended up not getting ice cream at all. I just decided I would rather eat fruit for dessert.
  • tewsy
    tewsy Posts: 34
    Options
    I know what you mean. I used to snack all day and now that I actually paying attention to what i eat I think about the foods so much differently.
  • SarahFrankel
    SarahFrankel Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I also think that goes both ways! The bad stuff we used to eat tastes crappy and then the veggies and fresh foods we used to turn our noses up at taste really good. It just takes practice and our taste buds do change :)
  • bigfatbino
    bigfatbino Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I feel ya here.

Used to POUND McDonalds Double Cheese burgers and McNuggets by the 50 count. One of my fav "foods" (to use the term very loosely).

Now, after eating better foods with real nutritional value, the entire McMenu tastes and looks disgusting to me.
  • TheNewLeah
    Options
    I hear ya! I can't handle anything that is over salted now! Even trail mix I had yesterday, it was loaded and awful. I'm going to stick to making my own.

The only thing I haven't learned to love is salad. I just don't think we'll ever be friends... :)
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    linde, that is how it is with pasta..........trust me, I should have bought stock in pasta the way I was eating it

now, its not that good..........at all, well...not as good as it used to be. I ate the white starchy kind, not the whole wheat, and when I had the white starchy pasta, it tasted bad............thats the only way to describe

Ive noticed this a lot lately, since Im near goal, I every once in a while will eat one of my old bad foods, and I swear, it just doesnt taste good, which is a good thing
    I guess the longer we eat good, the more we get conditioned to it..........Im glad you posted this, I thought it was just me and I was going crazy, lol

great post, thanks.........Lloyd
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    It's funny...since I started my diet, I noticed I feel more satisfied and happy with my meals than I did with a typical day of snacks and junk. I can't even look at other food the same way again. My brother was eating Taco Bell the other day (my weakness!) and when I looked up the calories in it I wanted to vomit! lol
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. I used to love cake and cookies and donuts. Now don't get me wrong - I like a cookie or two but after a couple of them (usually a serving size) I'm done and don't want anymore. And cake? OMG. I used to LOVE cake with buttercream frosting on it - now, I may have a small piece of cake but I don't want ANY frosting on it.

I think once we start feeding our bodies the nutritional food it needs - the cravings and desire for crap starts to subside.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I was looking forward to Chili's Southwestern Eggrolls last week. After I ate the first one all I could think was that I should've had a salad. :grumble:
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    That is awesome - I too find a lot of the foods I used to LOVE (especially the few sweets I liked) taste so WEIRD...

I got a small diet Pepsi the other day and got upset because I thought they made me a regular Pepsi until I realized it was just that it tasted SO sweet since I'm off them now lol!

Congratulations that is a definite NSV!
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I find my tummy reacts BADLY when I eat sweet stuff like a chocolate bar (not the high cocoa squares) or non-diet cola. Even maple syrup reacts badly. Refined sugars are like a painful laxative.
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I used to be a Jelly Belly jelly bean addict and I haven't had any since Christmas. I tried to have a small bag the other day as a treat and ended up with a horrible stomach ache.
  • jrpollack
    jrpollack Posts: 2
    Options
    to make salad good - try mixing fresh lemon juice with dill weed and a little salt. don't use TOO much on the salad, but it gives a great flavor to even plain lettuce and NO calories!!
  • tyadrake
    tyadrake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I totlly agree! I am a Mexican Food finatic, last night I had just got home from the gym and was trying to figure out what to eat, my husband had this enourmous beatiful burrito from one of my favorite restaurants that he had saved me 1/4 of. I turned him down! The thought of all that garbage after a good work out did not appeal to me! It felt so good to be able to say no!
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much eliminated salt from my diet and now when I eat someone else's cooking it tastes soooo salty. Glad to make the change.
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Since I've started eating better, when I do have snacks (like ice cream) I usually keep it to 1/2 a cup. The other day it was TOM and I wanted ice cream, I decided to put it in a regular bowl and fill it up to the top! BAD IDEA! I had the worst stomach ache of my life, I was super bloated and it hurt so bad that I couldn't sleep, I ended up falling asleep (finally) by 3am. It was awful. I told myself that I will NEVER eat that much ice cream again. It was so bad!!
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379
    Options
    I ate a nutty bar from Asda today (like a cheap equivalent to a snickers) and felt sick afterwards. Normally I'd have had a second one but I didn't even enjoy the first that much! :D
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Its so funny you mentioned this. The are having a fundraiser bake sale at my office. My co-worker left a strawberry cupcake on my desk. She told me you have to try it-it is so good. I took a taste and thought it was sickenly too sweet. I threw the rest out. Normally my weekness has been my sweet tooth. Right now I am craving a turkey sandwich on whole wheat. LOL.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I hope i starts to taste crappy for me too...cuz i have a big bag of salt and vinegar chips on my kitchen table....it tastes soooo good!!

However on a positive note....healthy food tastes great to me now!!!