How long have you been on here, and does everyone plan on st

Options
2»

Replies

• msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I joined in Jan 2011 but wasn't quite active until Jun 28 although I had some rough weekends here and there (better during the wk) I plann to step my game up and honestly I think it will be a long time before I can call it quits to mfp.....I did notice the difference when I joined in Jan vs Jun - I made my profile public and now I have friends - I would recommend that to all the newbies.....it really helps
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have been on for about 4 months or so where I've logged daily. I feel that I probably have about 12-13 months to reach my goal yet, so I will be on here for at least that long and at this point I will probably take another 4-6 months of my maintainence phase before I stop logging everything...unless I feel extremely comfortable by the time I hit my goal weight. I guess what I am saying, is that I will be on here as long as I feel I need to so that I don't slip back into my old habits! :tongue:
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for a whopping 10 days and I plan on being on here for a long time to come. I didn't grow up in a family that valued exercise much, so being overweight was just a way of life. I am planning to lose between 98 and 123 pounds, depending on what looks good on my body frame, and then switch to maintenance mode. That being said, I have eaten poorly for so long that I don't want to do all the work, take off the weight, buy all the new clothes, throw out all the fat clothes, and then gain and get back into an unhealthy cycle again. I plan on staying on here permanently to make sure I maintain myself.
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I've been using mfp since April, been on the boards since May, before then was just using the app on my phone didn't even know the boards existed! I plan on losing about 110-120 more pounds (ticker is counting down to 200, I'll reevaluate my ultimate goal when I get closer) & I plan on being here until all of those pounds are gone & staying on until I truly feel comfortable with not logging. I'll probably continue weighing weekly & staying on the boards for a while once I stop logging, to make sure I don't slip up.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm closing in on 90 days, and plan to stick around for a while. :) It's been SO educational in terms of learning portion sizes, calorie counting, exercise calories, etc. Love it! And I love the entire concept of Non Scale Victories. Who knew you could celebrate how you LOOK and FEEL, even though the scale isn't moving? :happy:
  • candykay89
    candykay89 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have been here for 2 months and will continue to be here. I will not leave my friends that i have made here because they are playing a very huge role in my getting to the desired weight. I want to celebrate with them also when they get to their goal. The logging/tracking does not matter to me as it helps me to keep track of what and how much i am consuming daily.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I definitely know what you all mean about the support & eye-opening information. It's given me a lot of insight into the sh** (for a lack of a better word) that I put into my body without even realizing it lol and I don't plan to disappear totally.. I'll still want to be on the forums for the information & motivation & to motivate others :tongue: but to have to keep throwing numbers around in my head, I could see myself going a little crazyy over the logs :noway: hmm .. its definitely given me a lot to think about. But for now I'm here so I'm going to make the most of this great new tool that I've found. :smile: MFP says I've been on since April I think but I've really only been using it since last month, so anyone's welcome to add me!