Loving Summer with my garden

I planted a garden for the first time this year and I am in heaven. I cannot even describe how rewarding it is to be able to eat a salad made totally from the veggies in my garden within minutes of having picked them. I grew up on a farm and am addicted to fresh stuff like it's crack. And the stuff is so good for you too that I don't feel bad pigging out on a big salad or an extra helping of fresh pick green beans.

There is no better flavor than a tomato straight off the vine or a carrot just picked from the ground. Carrots are sweeter tasting when they are that fresh too, and softer to chew.

Replies

• u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    This is my first year having a garden, too, and we just made stir fry the other night with the first harvest from it. So fun and way more delicious than something from McDonalds!!!!!! Another nice thing is it burns a lot of calories just keeping up with the weeding. :)

9593893.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    I totally agree! :drinker:
  • froggy1057
    froggy1057 Posts: 13 Member
    I love the fresh veggies too. I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to buy them in the winter. I will freeze the ones I can, but there is nothing like fresh!!!!
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    i cant have a garden(3 dogs) but i did when we only had our 2 small dogs(one we still have and the other passed) but have 2 larger dogs now.... i had broccoli ,watermelon, i tried but they didnt grow something i cant remember what it was now... lol best i ever had, plus neighbor would give me cucumbers,lettuce,tomatoes, hot hot hot peppers lol... fresh is the best in a yard... oh i miss...