Anyone doing Curves?

Options
I had a free two week membership to Curves and i went one day.. I was really motivated but once i started the circuit i got really bored.. weird because you have to change so often. And i didnt even break a sweat. I lost my breath maybe twice. It wasnt as hard as I thought. How many calories is it supposed to burn? I just dont understand how i could lose weight doing that.. Was I doing something wrong? Has anyone had the same experience?

Replies

• laird20k
    laird20k Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I had a free two week membership to Curves and i went one day.. I was really motivated but once i started the circuit i got really bored.. weird because you have to change so often. And i didnt even break a sweat. I lost my breath maybe twice. It wasnt as hard as I thought. How many calories is it supposed to burn? I just dont understand how i could lose weight doing that.. Was I doing something wrong? Has anyone had the same experience?
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    i was but unfortunately they are closing next month. I really liked it and it did help me to get off 42 lbs when i quit going and fell off the wagon i gained 5 back. so i say it does work. U have to work it though, the harder u do the recovery boards ie running instead of walking on them and push ur self on the machines more effective it is of course. when i first started i could barely finish and by the time i fell off the wagon i was alternating doing the circit twice one day and three times the next and it helped me alot. I hate they are closing just as i am getting back on the wagon. wishing u a great day and much success:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Just yesterday I read a post from a friends sharing her HRM said less than 300....WOW....I think it actually might have been the lower end of 200. That seems like not so much for time put in.

She's decided to give up her membership when her contract runs out simply for that reason....more choices at a regular gym that burn much more and she's able to tell body wise & HRM wise.

Of course miles may vary.......

Is curves more of a circuit weigh training program or actually supposed to be a mixture of cardio/weight etc.??

I don't break a sweat while doing some of my machines (strength training)...but I sure do feel the effects..the good effects that working them does on my body.:drinker:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm not, but my sister did it and it helped her lose 30 lbs. She kept going to maintain her losses and just recently has lost another 15lbs in preparation for my wedding (she's my matron of honor). With curves don't you set your own intensity? Maybe you were just not pushing hard enough. I know it's like a rotation on the machines, but I don't know much more than that. Maybe it's not for everyone but I know it does work for many :flowerforyou:
  • missy0210
    Options
    Not sure how the machines that you used were set up, but typically they have the ability to change resistance depending on your needs. If not, the harder and faster you work - the more results you will see and feel. Unlike standard weight machines where slower is better - in a circut training system, faster is better. Also, it depends on the music they play - some of the music is fast and helps you work faster - while other songs are slow.

For many people, men and women, circut training has been very helpful. It is a change of pace from your traditional gym.