Thanksgiving miracle

Options
88002.png

God is working a miracle in my family and I just wanted to share it with you all. Wednesday afternoon, my niece had an emergency c- section. The baby was in distress. Of course, my sister TS (her mother) was there. When she heard the baby had problems, she immediately collapsed. At first, they thought she was having a seizure, but she quit breathing and her heart stopped. They had to call a code on her and shocked her heart twice. When I got to the hospital , it did not look good for either one of them. Of course, my poor little niece was distraught and thought she was going to loose both her mama and her baby- all this on top of what her body had just went through. All of Wednesday night it was touch and go. They flew the baby (a little boy about 5 pounds) to Kosairs Children's Hospital When he left our hospital, he was in critical condition and they really didn’t hold out much hope for him. By the time he made it to Louisville, he was doing better but still not out of the woods. They did a heart cath on my sister and found a blockage and put in a stent. They determined that she had had a heart attack. The doctor said if it had happened even 5 minutes earlier when she and her husband were in the parking lot, that she would not have survived. By morning, they took her off the ventilator. By afternoon, she was sitting up in a chair and only complained of a sore chest. My niece left last night about 6:30 for Louisville. I just talked to my brother in law and learned they have taken the baby off the ventilator and he is doing well now. God works in mysterious ways. We feel that this little baby pretty much saved my sister’s life and I know they will have a very special bond. I am so thankful to God for the way He is working.

My sister seemed in good health. She was walking 3 miles a day and eating healthy. She was not overweight. When she had her heart attack, she never felt the first pain or indication of any problem. She just collapsed and everything stopped. She is only 59. It was totally unexpected. I say this because I want to tell each of you, if you have a brother or sister- give them a call today and tell them you love them. This has made me reassess a lot of things in my life and remind me of things that are important. Family--- and it doesn’t matter the personality or the differences. Life can be taken away so quickly. I love my sister and if she had died, I know she would have died knowing that I love her.

I am sorry that this is so longbut I just had to tell everyone about our miracle and encourage each of you to treasure time with your loved ones.

Beth

Replies

• bethskiles
    Options
    88002.png

God is working a miracle in my family and I just wanted to share it with you all. Wednesday afternoon, my niece had an emergency c- section. The baby was in distress. Of course, my sister TS (her mother) was there. When she heard the baby had problems, she immediately collapsed. At first, they thought she was having a seizure, but she quit breathing and her heart stopped. They had to call a code on her and shocked her heart twice. When I got to the hospital , it did not look good for either one of them. Of course, my poor little niece was distraught and thought she was going to loose both her mama and her baby- all this on top of what her body had just went through. All of Wednesday night it was touch and go. They flew the baby (a little boy about 5 pounds) to Kosairs Children's Hospital When he left our hospital, he was in critical condition and they really didn’t hold out much hope for him. By the time he made it to Louisville, he was doing better but still not out of the woods. They did a heart cath on my sister and found a blockage and put in a stent. They determined that she had had a heart attack. The doctor said if it had happened even 5 minutes earlier when she and her husband were in the parking lot, that she would not have survived. By morning, they took her off the ventilator. By afternoon, she was sitting up in a chair and only complained of a sore chest. My niece left last night about 6:30 for Louisville. I just talked to my brother in law and learned they have taken the baby off the ventilator and he is doing well now. God works in mysterious ways. We feel that this little baby pretty much saved my sister’s life and I know they will have a very special bond. I am so thankful to God for the way He is working.

My sister seemed in good health. She was walking 3 miles a day and eating healthy. She was not overweight. When she had her heart attack, she never felt the first pain or indication of any problem. She just collapsed and everything stopped. She is only 59. It was totally unexpected. I say this because I want to tell each of you, if you have a brother or sister- give them a call today and tell them you love them. This has made me reassess a lot of things in my life and remind me of things that are important. Family--- and it doesn’t matter the personality or the differences. Life can be taken away so quickly. I love my sister and if she had died, I know she would have died knowing that I love her.

I am sorry that this is so longbut I just had to tell everyone about our miracle and encourage each of you to treasure time with your loved ones.

Beth
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    That really is a miracle. Im glad that your family is doing good now. I will pray for your family.

Connie