Greek Yogurt

Options

Replies

• ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I get yoplait greek yogurt.. they have blueberry, strawberry, honey vanilla, and plain. I get all but plain lol. I tried plain greek yogurt and I just cant seem to like it, even with fruit and honey added. I would love to try chobani since they have many flavors and I hear its really good but they don't sell it at my grocery store :/
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I was buying the Chobani (love the pineapple) but those little pre-flavored cartons are pretty expensive. Now, I buy a large container of FAGE NON-FAT (plain) Greek Yogurt. I take 1/2 of a level cup, put it in my mini-blender (Magic Bullet) with some frozen berries (3-4 oz.), a couple packets of Truvia, 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla, cinnamon to taste and zap it. Makes a great smoothie.

The reason that the Greek yogurt is better is: it has double the protein which prevents those hunger cravings and the tendency to pig out on the wrong stuff. I told a friend about it who had been having trouble losing her last little bit of wt and she's still thanking me for sharing that tip.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Tip: Read the label

Greek Yogurt 1: 20g sugar, 4g protein
    Gerek Yogurt 2: 4g sugar, 20g protein

Which do you really want?

The majority of people buy #1 just because the label says "greek" or they hear the word fage or chobani.... they vary immensely.
  • ddecarr
    ddecarr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If you haven't tried Chobani you should. It is simply the best. I like the Black Cherry & Strawberry.
    I also buy the non-fat Vanilla , add some sweet & low, cut up fresh strawberries, raspberries or blueberries. Absolutely delicious. I also have frozen it for an ice cream like treat.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I like Fage 0% plain Greek Yogurt. I don't buy the flavored ones because they have an incredible amount of sugar in them. The way I sweeten it is with 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flax cereal (protein & crunch)l and 1/2 cup of strawberries. Super yummy, super healthy. I like Fage because it's one of the best tasting plain greek yogurts out there, very creamy and thick, (in my opinion) and it has probiotics built in for immunity and intestinal health.

Hope this helps :~)

Completely agree about Fage. I try to buy 2% though. The best yogurts have minimal ingredients, should be nothing more than milk and maybe a a few other things. Buy plain yogurt and flavor it yourself with things like fresh fruit, honey, and low sugar preserves work great too!
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Chobani, for sure. The blueberry flavor is listed in Eat This, Not That for best yogurt. I like the raspberry, strawberry and blueberry. I haven't tried any of the others.
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I like the plain greek yogurt , yes it tastes like sour cream but its a multiple use yogurt, I mix it in my brown rice, sweet potato, add dill weed to it for making a dill dip for Talipia, ect :smile:
  • bearsfan2334
    bearsfan2334 Posts: 137
    Options
    CHOBANIIII all the way!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I'm also a fan of the Fage brand. I usually go for the 2%, but the 0% is ok too. I usually take 1/2 cup of yogurt and add 1/2 cup of berries and a bit of spice or extract (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger; vanilla, almond, lemon). You can have a huge variety of flavors quite easily.

I find the Chobani acceptable, but not as good. It's a bit thinner and the flavored ones are rather sweet.

Oikos has a couple of decent flavors. I'll even eat their plain vanilla (a flavor I normally won't touch in yogurt).

I'd definitely recommend you avoid the Greek Gods brand. It's thick and chunky even for Greek yogurts. I found it to be more like eating semi-blended feta cheese than yogurt.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I've just read the label of my pot of Total and it appears to be made by Fage :-)
  • atay18
    atay18 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have one near you, but I like Trader Joe's greek yogurt. The honey and pomegranate are a bit tart, but I like them better then sweet.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have one near you, but I like Trader Joe's greek yogurt. The honey and pomegranate are a bit tart, but I like them better then sweet.

I agree! Trader Joe's brand is the first one I tried, and I love it. Blueberry's not too sweet, either. :)
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Before I was trying the whole vegan thing, I was OBSESSED with Fage yogurt! It's the absolute best. The one with honey was my absolute favorite treat ever.
  • dajm456
    dajm456 Posts: 14
    Options
    I like them all but if you arent a fan of greek yogurt then try chobani champions. They are made for kids and come in 4pks. I found them at a super target. The banana honey is awesome and tastes like regular yogurt! Hope this helps! :)
  • meggamix
    meggamix Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    CHOBANIIII all the way!

I AGREE 100%!! I've tried every flavor I know of except for mango and plain. Pineapple is SO good as well as the raspberry. I'm not sure if I've just gotten used to the texture, but since I started eating it about a year ago I feel like the texture is a little smoother than before. Peach is good, black cherry, strawberry...and I love the honey when I just want something simple. But I always mix in a little granola with that flavor. YUMMY! The only thing is I wish they didn't have to have so much sugar you know?
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I like Fage 0% plain Greek Yogurt. I don't buy the flavored ones because they have an incredible amount of sugar in them. The way I sweeten it is with 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flax cereal (protein & crunch)l and 1/2 cup of strawberries. Super yummy, super healthy. I like Fage because it's one of the best tasting plain greek yogurts out there, very creamy and thick, (in my opinion) and it has probiotics built in for immunity and intestinal health.

Hope this helps :~)

I LOVE Oikos, my favorite of all and I don't buy the flavored ones for the same reason, only the NF plain. I add fresh fruit, 1 tsp vanilla flavoring, and either 1 tsp of honey, agave nectar, or Truvia. I'll have to try it with Kashi which I have on hand! I also use Greek yogurt in smoothies for protein!
  • casdls
    casdls Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Chobani! Pineapple and mango are my favorite. I actually like them all, except for the pomegranate.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, why eat it. I like Greek yogurt and prefer it to most regular yogurt but I rarely eat it because it just adds protein and calories I don't need (I'm almost always over on protein anyway).
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Liberte Greek non fat vanilla Organic yogourt.

I will eat that stuff right out of the tub, until I get yelled at for hogging it all to myself.
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Chobani with Strawberries!! Mix it very well though before eating. It taste a lot better mixed with the fruit than without!! :tongue: