I avoided temptation …

Options
So last night I made a wonderful cauliflower/yam soup … healthy and low in calories. I had my lunch for today packed with the soup and multigrain bread. I was on track and prepared. I FORGOT IT AT HOME!!! :grumble: Being a teacher I can’t run out for something healthy. And our canteen only has pizza pops and other disgusting, greasy foods. Plus, the teacher who bakes the most decadent treats brought a very sweet cake. So today I could have easily said I was giving in.

But I didn’t! I scavenged around for healthy stuff. One student had extra fruit. Another teacher had extra raw veggies. I had a kashi bar in my filing cabinet. I made it through. Yeah. I’m still on track … and guilt free. :happy:

Replies

• charli246
    Options
    So last night I made a wonderful cauliflower/yam soup … healthy and low in calories. I had my lunch for today packed with the soup and multigrain bread. I was on track and prepared. I FORGOT IT AT HOME!!! :grumble: Being a teacher I can’t run out for something healthy. And our canteen only has pizza pops and other disgusting, greasy foods. Plus, the teacher who bakes the most decadent treats brought a very sweet cake. So today I could have easily said I was giving in.

But I didn’t! I scavenged around for healthy stuff. One student had extra fruit. Another teacher had extra raw veggies. I had a kashi bar in my filing cabinet. I made it through. Yeah. I’m still on track … and guilt free. :happy:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Yay YOU!!!! Isn't that a much better feeling?:flowerforyou:
  • Becka_Boo_2008
    Options
    Yeah, so happy to hear that. And encouraged too. I'm currently a substitute teacher and I might have just given in myself if put in the same situation. Thanks for being brave and inspiring and staying on track :flowerforyou:

~Rebecca
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher too and I know these situations can be rough...I keep a couple of cans of health choice soup in my desk just in case...that way I have a healthy option. I did give in today and had a grilled cheese Mmmmmmmm
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! woooooooo-hoooooooo!! WOOT WOOT!! Toot your own horn girlie!:drinker: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!