can't lose the mummy tummy

Options
I'm new to this site.

I'm a new mommy and I gaines 80 lbs during the pregnancy.
I'm 5'10 190 lbs and have at least 30 lbs to lose

I've been trying eveything and it seems at if my weight yoyos.

I've joined a gym and have been consistantly going 5 days a week for the past 3 weeks.

I consume about 1600 Cals a day
I strentgh train for about 60 mins a day and do CV exercite for about 20 mins a day.

The scale still hasn't moved, and I am going to measure myself again on the 24th to see if there's a difference.

Is it normal for the scale to stay the same??? it is sooo dicouraging

Replies

• DesraStubbs
    DesraStubbs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site.

I'm a new mommy and I gaines 80 lbs during the pregnancy.
    I'm 5'10 190 lbs and have at least 30 lbs to lose

I've been trying eveything and it seems at if my weight yoyos.

I've joined a gym and have been consistantly going 5 days a week for the past 3 weeks.

I consume about 1600 Cals a day
    I strentgh train for about 60 mins a day and do CV exercite for about 20 mins a day.

The scale still hasn't moved, and I am going to measure myself again on the 24th to see if there's a difference.

Is it normal for the scale to stay the same??? it is sooo dicouraging
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    maybe do more cardio and less strength training. Are you seeing a change in the way your clothes fit? You may be gaining muscel and loosing fat-which is good!-but won't show on the scales. Also with your strength training, make sure you are doing lower weights with more reps, thats for toning. More weights less reps builds muscels bigger.
  • DesraStubbs
    Options
    thank you ... I've been doing what my trainer tells me but I think I may start doing more cardio and less stregth training. i do low weight hight reps as you said. I'm still in my fat pants and not yet even close to wearing my skinning ones. :sad: Congrats on the 11 lbs..how long did it take you ???
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Okay I would probably say maybe do your strength training everyother day, you still need to give your body a rest between workouts. I have been told my a couple trainers that I had that I should at least take 2 days away from strength training to let my muscles rest, doing cardio still but doing my upper body one day and then another day doing my lower body, if you still feel that you have to do the strength every day try again doing upper one day and lower the next and still doing cardio.

Just give it some time, it took me forever to bounch back from my first one and I am still trying to bounce back from my second and she is 5 :sad:

So just keep with it and you will get there. Good Luck:bigsmile:

Molly:heart:
  • DesraStubbs
    Options
    My little girl is 8 months old and I am terrified to try for another one and my hubby tells me he wants to have another one soon...:laugh: I want to be back to my prepregnancy weight before trying again because I don't want to gain another 80 lbs on top of this...:mad:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I came here in Jan after holding on to the baby weight after #2 for almost 3 years..*GULP*
    I am 5'8 and was 157 when I started here...I consumed 1490 cals and DID not work out
    I lost about 29 pounds from Jan-May
    I only recently started working out over the past several months to help up my cals and keep the weight off
    I've been eating about 2000 cals and working out 1.5 hrs per day...usually 30 min on the treadmill and one hour of yoga
    After 2 kids 18 mnths apart and being a size 4/6 now from a 10/12..I still have the dreaded baby tummy
    The one thing that helped the most was a yoga video called Fat Free Yoga (Brett)
    It's not your run of the mill yoga...it's 'different' but it helped my problems areas

Good luck with finding a formula that works for you...everyone here is so different!
    Kim
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    You may be eating too little for the amount of exercise you are getting, and your body is tryng to store every little morsel. You could do two things...up your calorie intake, or cut way back back on your exercise program while lowering your calorie intake to 1200/day. But you cannot cut your calories at your current level of exercising! Doing so would be self defeating.

Good luck to all, and try to make it a lifestyle change rather than a "diet"! ~Everyone knows diets don't work!
  • jjett822
    Options
    I am so happy for you on your new addition! Please do not be discouraged!!!
    As it took time to put on the weight, I'm sad to say it will take time to take off the weight.
    First you should take a tape measure, and take your measurements.
    I see you have joined a gym, I would also have the personal trainer there take your BMI. That is your body fat percentage. As you continue to work out, you may be loosing inches, and the scale will not show that right away.
    Are you breastfeeding? You will have to make sure you are consuming enough calories if you are.
    Also, up your cardio, and watch empty "carbs", and I'm sure the weight will start to come off.
    Good luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!