Best Ab exercise and its free..

Options
2»

Replies

• TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You walk into a store, you see 8 minute abs sittin there, there's 7-minute abs right next to it. Which one are you gonna pick man???

7minuteabs.jpg
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Carizma - I read your original post and appreciate that you were just sharing something you found interesting!!!

I would HOPE that everyone on the boards would take the time to do their own research based on "topics" they also find interesting...

I for one really appreciate you sharing the information you heard so that we too can look into it if we are not happy with the types of crunches we are doing!!!!

Thanks again for adding this content regardless of how others choose to react to it

I can't help but feel like this post was directed at me and my posts. If I'm mistaken, please forgive me. If I'm correct, I just want to be clear in the fact that I try and provide objective, evidence based advice in all of my posts on this forum. If I'm speaking without evidence and solely from experience, I'll make note of this.

My posts were not a "reaction" to the information provided. I actually appreciate that the OP started this thread as well. It provided a stage so that we could hash out the topic of abdominal exercises - what's appropriate and what's not. It also highlighted how not everything you hear from doctors is correct when it comes to exercise.

I look at these forums as a place to discuss and even debate. It's a place to share opinions, experience, and evidence. Most importantly it's a place to learn.

If I start a thread about something I learned, and then others chimed in explaining how what I learned probably isn't correct, I'd be happy. I'm not married to any of my ideas.., I'm in this for personal success and the pursuit of truth in fitness.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to bicker and hopefully it's not coming across as that. I just wanted to make sure that it's understood... my "reaction" wasn't knee-jerk or emotional simply because crunches aren't my exercise of choice. I've investigated the available academic papers heavily regarding core exercises and figured I'd share what the research suggests. That's all.

Best to you!