My freezer during Weight Watchers

Options
savethecat
savethecat Posts: 290 Member
Haha, just came across this picture on my phone. Thought I would share. This is what my freezer looked like while I was doing Weight Watchers. Oh, the madness.

ww.jpg

Replies

• Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    I used to keep a lot of frozen processed food in the freezer too but since joing MFP I have cut that out and only go for lean meats, fresh veggies/fruit, etc. I have really cut back on sodium also and really pay attention to the amounts on the labels.
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    i was just thinking "processed" before i read your post. they are ok in a pinch but daily??? no maam! congrats on you "knowing better"! :bigsmile:
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am trying to cut down on frozen foods. WW's does have great recipes for fresh food. I'm not counting points since I like this better...but I still go online there for recipes etc....I have a bit of a recipe addiction...pretty much love to get them from wherever I can!!!!!
  • Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I used to do Weight Watchers. It was so difficult to make a meal and try to figure out how many points were in a serving. So I understand why you have so many boxed meals. I just couldn't get away with boxed meals. My husband wanted a home cooked dinner.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I quit eating those "healthy" processed food too.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers scares me. :frown: I have seen people live it and love it, but it is not for me.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    ick. Those foods are nasty. I get that it may help some people, but...ick
  • savethecat
    Options
    I very rarely eat processed food now. That's what was funny to me when I found the picture. I felt so boxed in on Weight Watchers.
    (lol I made a frozen food pun accidently.)

I love to cook! I just felt like I couldn't accurately count the points on the system. Anyway, that was far over a year ago. I just couldn't stop laughing when I saw it.

My outlook on weight loss, health, and nutrition is so different now! I'm doing it the right way this time. :-)
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing weight watchers, but my freezer currently looks like this...I eat a lot of these during the week and I know it's not the best for you, but I'm trying to slowly incorporate more cooked meals!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    You can eat processed foods or fresh foods on WW. The choice is yours. I will say that I know for a fact that WW works. May not be everyone's choice, but it is a good plan.
  • savethecat
    Options
    You can eat processed foods or fresh foods on WW. The choice is yours. I will say that I know for a fact that WW works. May not be everyone's choice, but it is a good plan.

Oh for sure! My mother-in-law swears by it and has had amazing results. I was more commenting on my own stupid way of approaching the system. I had a hard time with it, but I know it really works for some people. :-)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options

I agree with this... I have been a WW for over 7 years and my freezer never contained more than 2 frozen meals at any given time. They were there just as a back up in case I couldn't make a fresh lunch or dinner.

People who are successful on WW are the people who cook and eat "real" foods. :smile:
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    When I did WW I did not eat that kind of stuff. I eat, the way I do here and just logged the points.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Bahahahah....I was the same way! I had like 3 sharpies and masking tape in the kitchen so I could write the point value down on EVERYthING!
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm I love quick, easy, frozen prepackaged meals....No...I really do...and I still eat them...a few times a week.... Yum :-)