Anybody in Hawaii or more specifcally Oahu?

Aloha,
Been using MFP for a little while now and would love to have some friends from Oahu or the state of Hawaii on here.
Think that it would be nice to support and give ideas about hikes and adventures from our beautiful island chain.

Replies

• I am here in Hawaii... Oahu, Aiea area...
  • meowth43
    meowth43 Posts: 1 Member
    I joined a few weeks ago... and was wondering the same thing. I live in Pearl City and recently started working out at the 24 hour fitness again.
  • Aloha, have lived on the islands for the past 14 years. Have been back up on MyFitnessPal for about a year now. Was long over due to make a change in my life, or Die.

Had Bariatric Surgery back in August and continue to remain on MyFitnessPal. It helps out, en-rolled in LEAN at Tripler along with Bariatric Program.

Hiking, I love to hike.... get out doors and see Oahu by foot.

To be honest I never clicked on community till a couple of days ago, it is nice to be able to chat with others on here.

Hope everyone is well, Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!!

Hope to chat with others on here...

Thank you
    Hugh
  • Aloha, I have recently joined MFP and have also been looking for people on Oahu for some support and motivation. Nice to see some other people are on the island who use MFP. Cheers!
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Hi! I live in Aiea right above the mall and go to 24 hour. Aiea loop trail is a great 4 mile hike for beginners...mostly flat with great scenic points. We should make an mfp club! Lol. Meet up, go hiking, etc.
  • oahugirl
    oahugirl Posts: 21 Member
    I'm new to MFP and was wondering the same thing! I live in Waikiki. If anyone starts a group here in Oahu, let me know, would love to participate!
  • classc1
    classc1 Posts: 42 Member
    Aloha, Ewa Beach here. Glad to know there are other people on here nearby. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • dkllano
    dkllano Posts: 21 Member
    I live in the Wahiawa area. We have been here for a little over 2 yrs now. Will be here for another 3 yrs. My husband is in the military. I have been faithfully using MFP now for 6 months.Would love to be in a group if we start one.
  • itecson
    itecson Posts: 22 Member
    Me! I do mostly hiking. I hear you lose weight faster if you're with a group of people with similar goals, for me I'm basically looking to drop a good 15 and build up strength in the process. One issue I'm running into is that my existing poor eating habits scale (almost too perfectly/proportionally) with my good exercise habits. Also, I have a suspicion that i'm not weighing my recipes correctly - anyone have suggestions on how to calculate unique dishes with better accuracy? Pleased to meet you all!
  • vgpeterson1984
    vgpeterson1984 Posts: 51 Member
    Thought that i would check in with everyone....i think that i am going to start an oahu group. I need a real commitment to MFP. Recently i have been having trouble motivating myself to log with shows on the scale since i am up 10lbs.

Anyways let me know how everyone is doing and i will keep you posted on the group.
  • Hi! What part of the island are you from? I'm in Honolulu...I totally agree with you! It would help me so much to have some face to face accountability! Let me know if you're interested in that...I just re-joined MFP and I do struggle with staying accountable when I don't actually know the person I'm staying accountable to...we could meet up at Starbucks or something...

aloha,
    Jus
  • Carolstone1959
    Carolstone1959 Posts: 40 Member
    I'm on Oahu (in housing on Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam) and usually cycle for exercise. Anyone starting up an Oahu Group?
  • We just moved to Oahu on Sunday. Did anyone end up starting an Oahu group? Would love to learn more about hiking trails on the islands if anyone has a recommendation. Thanks!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    I live in Pennsylvania... I'm insanely jealous of all of you :sad:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    I'm actually headed back today. I also live near the Navy Base but beyond the on base gym I have no fitness suggestions.

I can tell you where to get good Pho though.