New here!!! Any other shift workers having trouble losing we

Options
Hey my name is Haylee. I am 25 and live in San Diego California originally from Colorado. I am a Navy Nurse and switch from working day shift 7AM-7PM to 7PM-7AM about every eight weeks. So it's hard for me to ever know what time to eat at or to ever have a consistent workout schedule, but I am doing the best I can. I am currently around 180 with a goal of 145. I am looking for a strong support group on MFP who will give me good feedback on a regular basis. It would be excellent if I could add other Military members/dependants and of course fellow nurses :)

Replies

• abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can make a schedule for each shift but give yourself a couple days rest when the shift starts?
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I work shift work too. I am a Firefighter/Paramedic. All the books I keep reading talk about how you need to get 7 hours of sleep to take the weight off and have a set sleep/ workout times. That sounds great and all but they don't account for those of us who work 24 hour shifts and are tired the next day. I feel you stay strong! Feel free to friend me. And good luck!
  • Nurse_Jessica13
    Options
    I hear ya! We will get there!!