sweat much???

Options
2»

Replies

• lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I've always sweated more than I thought I should but lately, it's like I sweat even in yoga and pilates... but other people do too... I definitely sweat in cardio sessions though; especially cycle... I usually have a drenched shirt when I either run hard or do a cycle class that completely kicked my butt.

I drink a lot of fluids though, so that might be part of it, but I think some people are just geared to sweat more than others. I'm definitely one of those people.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Soaked!!
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I am glad to see there are so many other women who sweat like me lol.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    yeah same here!! I just was thinking about this the past week cause I always see everyone else not sweating as much as I do in the same amount of time! But i do love it cause it shows me how hard I am working! << agree with that!!

I actually work at a gym, and there are a few members that say they won't leave until their shirt is soaked all the way through!! < seriously!! which is awesome!!
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I sweat so much I am dreanched when I am done. I wear the wicking material shirts and they are usually dreanched all the way down the front and half way or more down the back. It drives my daughter nuts.....she says "Mom, this is why I wear white shirts to work out in. You did bring a different shirt, right???"

When I don't drink enough water, I don't sweat as much. Yeah, I get odd looks at the gym, but I know I did a lot and I feel good!!
  • brenda_allport
    Options
    I am with everyone else that says the sweat buckets. I actually cracked open my head from slipping in my sweat at the gym. Talk about totally embarrassing!!!!!!! I believe I started sweating more after I lost some weight, started getting healthy and drinking more water.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    OMG me too I took my shirt off this afternoon and litteraly rung it out and it was soaked. I am pretty sure its do to the amount of water I`m drinking since this started about the same time I upped my water intake
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I'm the same! I wish I had an answer for it.
    I never used to sweat like... really at all and I drank a ton of water then, too. My answer may be just because my body's still changing since having my daughter but running around the grocery store I break a sweat. It's gross.
  • rg4u
    rg4u Posts: 20
    Options
    i sweat like crazy on the treadmill! so mich so that it drips into my eyes and burns!
    the weird thing is though that i barely drink ( i know BAD!) but i sweat like a rainstorm anyway.
  • Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I sweat like crazy when doing Zumba or on the elliptical. I drink heaps and heaps of water too.
    I always make sure I have a towel with me when I go to the gym.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I love to sweat when I work out and when I ....nevermind. I just like sweat. LMAO
  • kateecat
    kateecat Posts: 13
    Options
    I actually read about this in a Cracked article (I know, I know). It said that as you become more fit, your body is able to handle more pressure and work harder and in return, your body produces more heat and in a shorter amount of time. So, you basically start sweating sooner and more... something like that. Here's the link they used as their source (I should probably go read it now. c: ).

http://www.trainrightblog.com/2011/03/28/chris-carmichael-blog-does-sweating-more-mean-youre-more-fit/
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just saw this post, but glad I'm not the only sweaty girl!!! I sweat terribly whenever I do any workouts...I def have to shower right after.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida--I walk outside for 2 seconds and need a shower. :sick:

But in all seriousness, yeah, I sweat a lot...I noticed a few people brought up the fact that the more water they drink, the more they sweat? I've noticed when I work out indoors, in my air conditioned living room and sunroom, that I sweat more than ever, and I think it may be that...I was never a water drinker growing up, but I am now, and I sweat even more now. I just tell myself I'm sweating fat off, haha.:wink:
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Yep! During and after my workout, I am literally dripping! It drives me a bit crazy, but I also like it. LOL!
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Absolutely LOVE to sweat..one of my goals is to absolutely DRENCH my A-Shirt...
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I can tell how hard ive pushed myself by how far down my shirt my sweat is! Tempted to market a new t-shirt, with like the front of a measuring jug on the front, with words at certain points:

-
    -
    -
    -- Nice start
    -
    -
    -Getting there!
    -
    -
    -
    - Now you're talking!

Hard cardio gets me sweating, sure, but nothing makes my head just open like a tap like holding a plank does. Just, from nowhere, drip drip drip drip!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Why is their such a negative view of sweat? So what if you're drenched in it. You're working out.

The last 10K in August was so humid that my shirt was drenched before we even started. I could have jumped in a pond and been more dry than when I was done with that race. socks, shorts, shoes. Even my Camelback needed a good ringing after that.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Why is their such a negative view of sweat? So what if you're drenched in it. You're working out.

The last 10K in August was so humid that my shirt was drenched before we even started. I could have jumped in a pond and been more dry than when I was done with that race. socks, shorts, shoes. Even my Camelback needed a good ringing after that.

Well I understand it's a positive sign, but it becomes a real issue for me. I have to carry extra workout clothes to wear AFTER I work out, or otherwise I'll soak right through my silk blouses for work. I sweat so much that I start shivering in the cold and get severe chills. I will be bundled up in a huge down parka, sweating all down my back, and shivering like mad
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I sweat some but I WANT to be sweaty like I see some people at the gym! I want my shirt to look wet when Im done and the most I get is the back of my hair gets wet and a few drips down my forehead.