Ladies - Come Join Our Chin Up Challenge!

Options
Attention all ladies!

Do you want sculpted arms like Kelly Ripa, or biceps like First Lady Michelle Obama, or how about power arms like Madonna?

Then get ready ladies! We are hosting a Chin-Up Challenge!

The challenge runs from August 1st through December 1st, 2011. The winner will be the female who can complete the most Chin-Ups in one setting.

There are some rules:
-- On the first day (August 1st), do as many Chin-ups as you can without pausing (stopping for more than 3 seconds) and report it on this thread on August 1st.
--Hands should be shoulder width apart or less
--Palms should face towards you
--Start from a dead hang
--Lift is finished when the chin is completely over the bar
--Kicking empty air with your feet is allowed
--If you can already do one or more chin ups when the challenge starts then you will be graded on the increase from your starting number
-- No assistance is allowed for helping with Chin Ups when doing an official count
-- Have fun!

Participants will check-in with the total number of completed chin-ups in one session without pausing on August 1st, September 1st, October 1st, November 1st, and December 1st.

So come on ladies and challenge yourself!

I’ve created a spreadsheet in Google Docs to keep track of our progress. Here is the link:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnM2hkxLxQ-zdGltVEM0bUpheTBhYTJuektKSVA3Tmc&hl=en_US

You do not need a Gmail account to access the document but you do need this link.

If you would like to participate, please respond with the number of chin-ups you can successfully complete on August 1st.

Good luck and may we all build sexy arms together!

Replies

• stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • gcineas
    gcineas Posts: 121
    Options
    bump! I am down
  • KBomar2
    KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Whoohooo I'm in! I'm in!!
  • sarahazen
    sarahazen Posts: 34
    Options
    Ill give it a whirl....perhaps it will inspire me to go back to weight lifting
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm down! Or up :)
  • emma1488
    emma1488 Posts: 175
    Options
    i would join...but i cant do one:(
  • karrenbennett
    Options
    i would join...but i cant do one:(
    Emma,
    I can't do ANY right now. But I want to so I'm doing the challenge! That just means you'll start at -0-.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I'm IN.
    For those who would like to do this but can't do any- join the club. Just think of how nice your arms will be after this challenge!

I cannot do any now, but here's what I'm doing for training.
    Normal Push-ups, Walking Push-ups, Shoulder press with hand weights, Chair dips
    I try to do a few sets of these every day. If you have a gym to go to there are lots of machines to help assisted pull-ups, etc.

I also installed a pull-up/chin-up bar over a room I go into several times a day. To enter/exit I have to:
    1) try to do a pull-up (don't even get off my toes right now :)
    2) do a negative - start in the top position, by jumping or from a chair, gradually putting all my weight on my arms and trying to control the downward flow.
    Lather, rinse, repeat.

I'm a wimp now, but I know if I keep at it, my arm strength will come along as my body mass declines and I'll get to that break-even point where I can do a full chin-up. You can do it too.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! I Love a challenge.. Woot.. Woot..
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    oooh I want to join.
    I can tell you now, I can't do any.
    I want to though!

And it gives me a reason to use my pull up bar :)
  • mikki3
    mikki3 Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm in! My husband recently installed a chin up bar. I don't think he ever dreamed I'd try to use it. I'm guessing I can't do one...
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I want to say I'm in....but, I don't have a chin up bar. Are they easy to install? I would be starting at 0 also. Thanks, Lynn
  • emma1488
    emma1488 Posts: 175
    Options
    O ok cool then. I thought you guys were going to a crazy amount of push ups...:)

I'll try this...though i dont really have anywhere to do them...maybe from the timber sleepers in my carport? haha. Splinters will just harden me up a bit more ;)
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Just installed a pull-up bar on my bedroom wall.
  • karrenbennett
    Options
    I want to say I'm in....but, I don't have a chin up bar. Are they easy to install? I would be starting at 0 also. Thanks, Lynn
    There are some portable chin up bars available which attach to a door frame. You don't have to permanently install anything. That's probably what I'm going to use.
  • mikki3
    mikki3 Posts: 63
    Options
    For those like me who probably won't be able to do one, I've found a training program :)

http://www.fitstep.com/Misc/Newsletter-archives/issue69/how-to-do-your-first-chin-up.htm
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Started today!!! I have done 4:wink:
  • sarahazen
    Options
    I did 4!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Official count, August 1: 0 chin-ups
  • KBomar2
    KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Aug 1- 0...I was hoping I could do at least one but I guess I have no where to go but up from here. :smile: