Any Cheese Addicts?

Options
HELP! I love cheese...almost as much as I love chocolate! lol I know there are options for chocolate (i.e. Skinny Cow). But, what about for cheese? I love extra sharp cheddar and colby jack the most.

Replies

• clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I live in France, I can say no more and alternatives are against the law here. 
  • joannepapas
    joannepapas Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Love it! "against the law"! :)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yep i love cheese too. As long as you can fit it in your macros, you're good, but it's somewhat difficult to fit in there. It tends to be pretty calorie and fat dense. I eliminated it almost completely for months and months, then started reintroducing it when I was getting near maintenance. And now I have a little bit every morning in my eggs. Usually around 1oz or less. A little goes a long way in an omelet.

There are also reduced fat cheeses out there. I've only tried one kind, once, and it was pretty horrible. But maybe there are some good ones.

Edit: oh yeah, I also have some feta when I make a salad. feta makes it bettah
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    You know sharp cheddar has always been an addiction of mine, but I have learned to absolutely ADORE the laughing cow cheese wedges! FABULOUS!
  • beachbodycoachsherry
    Options
    I am a cheese addict too, and as long as I allow myself one serving per day, I am golden ;-) One colby jack cheese stick for me please!
  • pinknsassyemt
    pinknsassyemt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Moderation honey... I am a huge fan of babybel, colby, swiss, munster, feta, blue cheese, black cheese, pink cheese....I use the babybel on my Morningstar burger, or have a tablespoon of feta in my salad... cheese is healthy... in moderation its a great form of calcium... when u purchase a block, take it home and immediatly portion it out...
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I LOVE CHEESE!!! The only things are laughing cow cheese, weight watchers and 2% milk cheese. Laughing cow and weight watchers are good, but I don't like 2% milk cheese. I say eat the real thing in moderation...that's what I do.
  • joannepapas
    joannepapas Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    THere is Lauging Cow Light. Its a processed cheese so nothing like an exception sharp cheddar. Maybe just use really flavorful cheese that pack a big flavor punch and use less. But the Laughing Cow Light is okay with crackers. :)
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love cheese too. I have been buying Sargento reduced fat. I have tried the provolone and colby jack. Its not bad and gives me my fix :) also I have been eating fat free cream cheese.
  • pinknsassyemt
    pinknsassyemt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    haha just realized I am eating some laughing cow on pretzels right now... :-)
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I get the little slices.. the Land O Lake colby jack slices so I can savor a slice of cheese with out downing the entire block. They're probably 120 cals, but ooohhhhhhh soooo yummy... I also like the mini babybels. All of these are full fat of course, as they taste better.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese is pretty good...I LOVE the french onion, only 35cals per wedge. Great with some Melba toast and tomatos:bigsmile:
  • misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I use to loveeeeeeeee dairy especially cheese! I wasn't losing weight though eating dairy so I became vegan. Cheese has some kind of chemical in it that makes you become addicted to it! I learned this working at a natural foods store! Daiya is a vegan cheese that I found to be the best tasting vegan cheese out there! There are many rice cheeses and soy cheeses that taste like blah cardboard but not Daiya cheese! Good luck!
  • JoBFit
    JoBFit Posts: 81
    Options
    I love cheese too. I find the low fat varieties fairly yukky so I have the type I like but less often and in smaller portions. I know I can never give up cheese for ever and I want to be thinner so this is the compromise I have come to.
    " A little bit of what you fancy does you good!"
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I used to love cheese, but then I took the Whole 30 challenge (http://whole9life.com/2010/12/whole30-2011/) and can't stomach it any more. :-\
  • alisha17m
    alisha17m Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Alternatives are against my law too. I allow myself cheese, but make sure it's the best I can afford and enjoy it in moderation. I used to be able to eat a whole 250g Brie in one sitting. I now cut myself 2 or 3 slices, put it on a plate with a couple of crackers, some nuts and dried fruit and enjoy every bite guilt free! That 250g Brie now lasts me a week
  • jesscoff320
    jesscoff320 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I really like Cracker Barrel 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese sticks. You can find them with the string cheeses. They are in indiviidual packaged in a pack of 8 or so. They are 90 for one stick and they are pretty good size. They taste great. I have one every day to work in some of my cheese addicition. I am with you, I wish there was a diet of cheese, that you could lose weight on and be healthy.
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i tend to buy low fat extra mature stuff things like kerry low low come in ready slices about 81 a slice theres another but i cannot for the life of me think of its name its very nice but only in a block form and i go overboard with that dairylea lights are ok and philedelphia extra light is yummy on jacket potatos but i i dont think anything beats double glouster on toast grilled divine ohhh so tasty but hell on the calories its my once a month treat there can be no substitute
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Sometimes on different meals I sprinkle grated romano cheese, it's a lot less calories and it helps with the cravings. Of course it doesn't give that gooey fabulousness in your mouth, but sometimes it helps.
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love cheese.

I love melted nacho cheese... and love dipping everything in it. *drool*
    I also really like American cheese and Parmesan cheese.
    Actually, I like all cheeses that are common in Italian foods.