What is wrong with me.....

Options
I dont understand it. I eat a lunch and eat enough that I know I shouldnt be hungry, but i still have hunger pangs. Makes no sense to me. I get those crazy things all the time and cant figure out why. And i have been drinking water too. So I know its not because im dehydrated. Well I will say that I am drinking more water. I have been known to drink nothing but 1 glass of something all day long. But I am doing better. Has anyone else had this problem?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs with every meal but if I eat too many or if they are not from healthy, low carb, low cal foods, I get really hungry fast.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    In the process of losing weight, you will experience hunger pains a lot. But, this site can help you see if you are meeting your nutritional needs vs. your body's "needs". Our bodies get accustomed to eating larger portions and quanties and when we restrict them, and put ourselves on a more strict diet, hunger pains happen. Keep a good journal and make sure to eat small, healthy snacks. Things that are filling and healthy. Don't waste calories on junk food that will only make you hungry shortly after. But, don't allow your body to do the talking---thats what gets us into this mess. Most of us can't "listen" to our body, because if we did, we'd be eating all the time. Have you tried eating smaller meals throughout the day, rather than just your standard 3 meals?
  • cawfeesong
    cawfeesong Posts: 34
    Options
    I am pretty much never full. I don't have the thing in me that tells the brain 'I am full." I seriously could eat non-stop all day if I let myself.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you're eating. I could eat 1500 calories worth of fast food and still not be satiated. On the other hand, I could make a 300 calorie chicken salad and feel full for more than a few hours.
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    there are some days i'm super snacky (on those days a snack of 1-2 cups of popcorn usually fills me up), but generally no, if I have a good breakfast and AM snack and/or lunch i'm quite full (on 1200 cals).....are you eating enough fiber and protein? without enough fiber and/or protein that could be a reason. and are you hungry or is your mind wanting to eat? if I'm nervous or anxious or sad (in a certain way).... i feel i need the comfort or distraction of food and it's not real hunger...
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem as will. I am trying to count the oz of water that I drink and count each calorie that I eat. There is something that I missing or not doing correctly.
  • thomas4000
    Options
    congrat on the 4 pounds you lost
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you're eating. I could eat 1500 calories worth of fast food and still not be satiated. On the other hand, I could make a 300 calorie chicken salad and feel full for more than a few hours.

Yep there's this.

And also, you might just not be eating enough. Looking back, there were periods where I always felt hungry, and then I would increase my daily calorie allowance by a couple hundred, and everything was better. As you make progress and get closer to your ideal weight, you will find that you need to keep increasing your calories, until eventually, you will find yourself at your ideal weight and eating your ideal maintenance calories. It's a wonderful thing.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

im weird if I eat fast food I wont be hungry again for the rest of the day.Alot of times if I eat fast food or a restraunt I wont eat anything else the rest of the day
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Carbs. If you eat carbs they will leave you feeling hungry. If you eat protein you will feel fuller longer.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

im weird if I eat fast food I wont be hungry again for the rest of the day.Alot of times if I eat fast food or a restraunt I wont eat anything else the rest of the day

I think it might just be me then. Haha.
  • ceeshelman
    ceeshelman Posts: 77
    Options
    To keep myself from being hungry, I always eat protein, fat and carbs at each meal and snack. So, for example a snack might be: one apple, orange or pear (carb), 8 almonds (fat), 2 oz. Turkey (protein). Whenever I leave one of them out, I feel starving.
  • ravenrose2300
    Options
    Try munching on things like celery. Super low in cals but helps to fill you. Also try gum. I go thru a lot but it makes you feel like your eatung. I like the apple pie flavor. You feel like your cheating but your not