Food on the go?

gettinghealthy777
gettinghealthy777 Posts: 223
edited 12:19PM in Food and Nutrition
Anyone know of any on the go food ideas. I am very busy and I do not want to stop for fast food. anyone know of what you can pack and take with you that are healthy options? I do take a banana with me and some water most days, but need more ideas...

Replies

• TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    I have the same issue as you. Here are some things I take with me most days. Almonds in a ziplock bag. I count them out for a portion and add them to my log. They are good for you in so many ways. I also have a lunch box I got at walmart really cheap that you put in the freezer and it stays cool all day. I put in there a hard boiled egg, string cheese a piece of fruit and a sandwich and a low fat or fat free yogurt. That will hold me all day if I eat a healthy breakfast and a healthy dinner.

The fruit and hard boiled egg and nuts are my snacks until I can sit down and eat my yogurt and sandwich. The hard boiled egg too. Cuz I am a food server and i have to have things I can eat fast but will tie me over so I dont eat the free bread and butter.
  • If you have a Starbucks near you, they've started putting out little boxed meals that are pretty healthy and low calorie. I haven't had one yet but they look really tasty.

When I'm in a rush I usually grab yogurt, fruit or a protein bar.
  • any kind of fruit is a good option, I usually take some cheese, healthy low calorie snack bars, nuts are filling too. Low sodium beef or turkey jerky.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    If you have a Starbucks near you, they've started putting out little boxed meals that are pretty healthy and low calorie. I haven't had one yet but they look really tasty.

I had the Chipotle Chicken Wrap Bistro Box from Starbucks yesterday, it's good!
  • If you have a Starbucks near you, they've started putting out little boxed meals that are pretty healthy and low calorie. I haven't had one yet but they look really tasty.

I had the Chipotle Chicken Wrap Bistro Box from Starbucks yesterday, it's good!

um, now you got me drooling again:tongue:
This discussion has been closed.