Today, I officially went from a size 11 to a size 4.

Options
Ladies & gentlemen, today is the day it became official. With 27 lbs lost & still going, Trisha Sundiang has successfully went from being in a cotillion court in January, wearing a size 11 dress…to fitting perfectly into her very own cotillion gown…

that is a size 4.

It has been a very emotional lifelong journey, for the Trisha in the 170’s in grade school, or even the 160’s-150’s in high school, constantly being made fun of & called names & feeling so insecure & having no self esteem, would think it would take a miracle to ever be a size less than barely a 9. (7 was my dream size).

But here I am, just 3 lbs away from losing 30 lbs. Something I thought could only exist in a dream. & on this whole journey I have still yet to continue, I’ve realized it’s not about the number on the scale or the number on the tag on the back of my dress or pair of jeans, it’s about feeling comfortable in my own body & being happy with myself. & let me tell you, for the first time in a long time…when I zipped up that gown all by myself, with out two people helping me like I always used to before, & I looked in that mirror:

I was more than happy with myself.

I felt beautiful. I felt pretty. I felt, proud of myself. I never thought this day would come. & I can’t wait to put that gown on for my special day, for that moment I zip that dress up, I dedicate to all the people who’ve ever put me down about my weight. Because at that moment, you have no right to say I’m anything less than beautiful. You have no right to call me fat, or chubby, or big, or laugh at me, or ask me how much I weigh. No one does. I’m the one who ends that life at that moment, because people didn’t think I could do it. But at that moment, I’ll have the satisfaction, and every right…to say “I told you so.”

Replies

• kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are beautiful & deserve every ounce of happiness :)
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Great story! Congratulations and wishing you a lifetime of health and happiness!
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    That was beautifully written and you are gorgeous on the outside , as many people are , but not so many are as gorgeous on the inside and that is where it counts!
    Congratulations on never letting them keep you down and for always fighting back :)
    You ROCK !! and you look AMAZING!!
  • superflyrbi
    superflyrbi Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Aquafyre
    Aquafyre Posts: 5
    Options
    Congrats!! You should be very proud of yourself! Know that you're an inspiration to others to keep going!
  • cameralinds
    cameralinds Posts: 239
    Options
    That was beautifully written and you are gorgeous on the outside , as many people are , but not so many are as gorgeous on the inside and that is where it counts!
    Congratulations on never letting them keep you down and for always fighting back :)
    You ROCK !! and you look AMAZING!!

This was perfectly worded, as was your post. I am so glad that you are starting to see AND FEEL that inner beauty you have. :)
    *hugs*
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    You're amazing! I hope I can have as much success as you :D
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, very beautifully written.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Go Trisha!!!!
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is amazing!! I am in an 11 now :( but my dream size is a 5 (if that will ever be possible) I will let everyine know! Right now I am just working toward a 7.
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Cheers & Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is such an amazing accomplishment!!!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Oh, fantastic honey!!! So beautifully put. Well done you! Show them all how gorgeous you truly are!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    congratulations and you young lady are beautiful inside and out..blessings to you..knock them dead girl:happy:
  • hajjcomb
    hajjcomb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is such a wonderful feeling. It's one of my faves.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    You made me "tear" up. I'm so happy for you! CONGRATS!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!