Calories burned by jumping on a trampoline?

Options
Hi everyone. Does anyone know how many calories are burned by jumping on a trampoline? We recently got a trampoline for our kids, and I've been sneaking out there to jump--it is definitely a work out! I've checked a few websites but haven't been able to find any estimates on how many calories trampoline jumping burns. Any suggestions for where to get this information, or how to calculate it?

Replies

• WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Good question. I have a mini-trampoline and would like to know how many calories I burn on that, too.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    A person weighing 150 lbs can burn 238 cals per hr jumping on a trampoline... as per ask.com :)
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    Hi everyone. Does anyone know how many calories are burned by jumping on a trampoline? We recently got a trampoline for our kids, and I've been sneaking out there to jump--it is definitely a work out! I've checked a few websites but haven't been able to find any estimates on how many calories trampoline jumping burns. Any suggestions for where to get this information, or how to calculate it?

Depending on the amount of effort you are putting into it, it could be possible to do a burn of light/mild plyometrics (this is basically what a trampoline is).

Mild plyometrics * 60 minutes = 400 Calories (ESTIMATE)

Or you could get a heart-rate monitor to get an accurate reading of what you are really burning.
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i jumped on the trampoline yesterday and recorded it under gymnastics!
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    many calculators out there for your use - just Google it.
  • Lil17
    Lil17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found something on the internet saying about 5 cals/ minute? Sounds about right, guess it depends how high or fast you're jumping!
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    The only way to be really sure is to use a HRM xx
  • mwadams
    mwadams Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies!
  • mrsslone
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. My kids got one for Christmas and I jumped and boy does it give ya a workout! I felt muscles i havent used in years lol ????