Harder than I thought...

Options
It's been about a week since I started my diet...and well...it's slow...I slipped up today and ate too much than what I should have consumed for my calorie intake. Idk what it is but it's harder for me to portion out food that my family makes at home than anywhere else. Is anyone else having problems or feeling down? If anyone else is having a hard time, please tell me how you motivate yourself. I'm also looking for more people to lose weight with.

Replies

• IDoIt73
    IDoIt73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes it's gonna be days that we slip up but as long as you know what you did, you can correct it..... That's when i go back and look at my diary to see what i can do to make it a lil better like throw in some extra fruit....
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The past doesn't equal the future. Try not to think of this as a diet, but a lifestyle change. Start making healthier choices and the important thing in the beginning is to get in the habit of logging everything that you eat, even if you go over. You will eventually realize what foods fill you up and make you feel better without being too high in calories. Watch your portions. You can do this and you have lots of friends here to help cheer you on! Congratulations on starting a healthier life! You will be an example for others. :flowerforyou:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a bad day once in a while. The longer you stick with it the easier it gets! Get a digital scale to weigh your food. If you need to enter a recipe for the things made at home. This will help you portion it out. and you will know how many calories and other nutrients are in your food.
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    I have a hard time motivating myself all the time. Since you've only been trying to change yourself for a week, this probably won't apply, but what I do is every time I feel like I'm in a rut I look at pictures of me at my heaviest, then compare them to now and look at the VAST difference. If I've made it this far, why stop now?

Best of luck on your journey. Feel free to friend me for more support :D
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    We all over eat occasionally, just don't let it worry you too much. Each day is a chance to start afresh, if you have a bad day, write it off and start again. You can do it and we can help. That really sounds like an ad for a low cal drink, but we really will do our best to help you on your journey.
  • instructor03
    instructor03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    don't think of it as a diet.... diets fail. It is a lifestyle. It is a balance. I have lost 16 pounds since May 11 and I have gone over my caloric intake plenty of times. I haven't given up any of my favorite foods. I have either replaced with a healthier version, or I plan my day to incorporate what I want. I don't eat them every day, but I do eat/drink them. the more you do the portion control, the more familar you will become with what you can have when your family makes it. If you live at home, try to get your family on board.
  • IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I had to take out measuring cups and measure everything for the first 2 weeks until I got used to what the correct portions look like. It takes a little bit of time getting used to it but once you get the hang of it, it gets much easier. You can do it. We all have days that we want to eat everything in sight, I'm having one of those days today.