Kaboom?

Options
elsham
elsham Posts: 549 Member
I haven't had a pick up line used on me in quite a while, so this was definitely exciting (and totally had me laughing to myself all day).

I was on the train and this guy comes up to me and goes "You have a beautiful face. What country are you from?" I say "Azerbaijan" and he goes "That's somewhere in the Middle East, right...So is your dad a terrorist? Cuz you're the BOMB."

Half the cart proceeds to get out of their seat or turn around, the people around us who heard everything before "BOMB" start cracking up like crazy, and I turn 10 different shades of red.

My cousin wants me to add that this only happens in NYC, but I don't think so haha. He tried to make small talk after that while I kept trying really hard to keep a straight face, but I failed. Not sure if I hurt his feelings or whatever, but it was really funny!

Anyway, best pick-up line experience I've ever had, just thought I'd share.

P.S. MFP rocks my socks <3

Replies

• ckclontz
    ckclontz Posts: 68
    Options
    That is hysterical, and kudos on the pickup line!! Even if it is incredibly awful, he tried... lol :)
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    "So is your dad a terrorist? Cuz you're the BOMB."

Congrats on this. I'm impressed. Was he cute? :happy:
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    lol... one of those moments that you will recall many times, and laugh all over again. I love it.

I have one for you... I just had my 60th birthday yesterday, and there is this young man (probably 30) working at the grocery store who generally chats with me while checking my groceries. One day, he asked... how's it going? I said great... if I could just find a job. He replies without missing a beat... I'd trade your beauty for my job any day.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    "I'd trade your beauty for my job any day."

Wow... I think this must be the ONLY pickup line I've heard of that might actually make me swoon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!