Does my job count as exercise?

Options
I work two jobs in sales where I am in movement quite often. I do get tired and a little sweaty, and my feet hurt when I'm done! :smile:

My question is, when I first signed up I registered as a very active person-- so does this mean I shouldn't add my work into my exercise tracker? Or can I still record this as being exercise?

Hope I was clear. Thanks!

Replies

• ponyskates
    Options
    I work two jobs in sales where I am in movement quite often. I do get tired and a little sweaty, and my feet hurt when I'm done! :smile:

My question is, when I first signed up I registered as a very active person-- so does this mean I shouldn't add my work into my exercise tracker? Or can I still record this as being exercise?

Hope I was clear. Thanks!
  • bazuukajoe
    bazuukajoe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    In this case, I would think that your job would count as daily activity, not actual exercise. For example, reading burns calories, as does watching TV, but you're also burning calories just by doing nothing, so you wouldn't log any of these activities as exercise. If you logged your job as exercise, and you already set you profile as very active, I think it would be like adding the same activity twice. In this case, I think it's better to err on the side of caution and not double log it.
  • ponyskates
    Options
    In this case, I would think that your job would count as daily activity, not actual exercise. For example, reading burns calories, as does watching TV, but you're also burning calories just by doing nothing, so you wouldn't log any of these activities as exercise. If you logged your job as exercise, and you already set you profile as very active, I think it would be like adding the same activity twice. In this case, I think it's better to err on the side of caution and not double log it.

That's what I was leaning towards. Thanks!
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Hi in response to your query I am a housekeeper :yawn: with a moderate workload so I log this as my excercise and then log my two 30 minute walks with my dogs under Cardio excercise.:happy:

Hope this helps
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I give myself a MODEST increase in calories on days when I work overtime. I'm awake and working an extra 3 hours on those days, and my tummy feels it, and my energy levels reflect it, so I do eat extra and log a personal 'pseudoexercise' in order to create the balance.

By modest, I mean about 120 cals. But because I've only just begun this overtime stint, only time will tell if I'm going to suffer for it.