PMS fatigue - suggestions for management?

Options
Okay.. I've not found what works for me yet and some things I've tried:

OTC meds (midol)
Coffee
Exercise
Sleeping
Nothing
Pure will power

I get seriously narcoleptic about a week before I'm due - not all the time but too often for my tastes. My eyes will physically close of their own accord no matter how much I fight it, I'll doze off instantly, and there seems to be nothing I can do to "cure" the malady.

If anyone else out there has this problem and has found something that works for them, I would LOVE some alternate suggestions. I don't have the energy to do *anything* - rather literally - including working out. I hate it. And, if there's nothing i can do then there's nothing I can do but it doesn't hurt to ask, right? I'm hoping there's something I can add to my diet that can help.... but I'm willing to try another OTC.

Thanks so much!

Replies

• megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Ugh, same. I just takeit as it is and don't push myself too hard. If I feel like I have a little extra energy, I work out and if not... I don't stress it. I believe in listening to your body, it knows what's good for you :)
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Thanks Megz - there's some comfort in knowing I'm not alone, at least. :-/ Although, it'd be nice if NONE suffered from this. Being in meetings can be a real challenge on days like this!
  • fletchbaby
    fletchbaby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just be good to yourself rest if you need it and eat iron rich foods. I suffer really badly with it as well.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    you should probably see a doctor about this
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Just be good to yourself rest if you need it and eat iron rich foods. I suffer really badly with it as well.

I'll have to try that! Didn't occur to me that it could be an iron issue since it's still the PRE stage. Thanks so much!