NSV

Options
kelika71
kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
I was all excited to see my Diabetic doctor yesterday. Last time I saw him was back in December. This time, I was all proud of myself because I have lost over 100 lbs and couldn't wait to have that logged in their charts.

Well, the surprise was on me! Not only was my blood pressure great since being off meds for that since January but my A1C was great! To quote the dr, "the best number he'd had all day!" 4.8!! I am now off all my Diabetic meds and was told just to keep doing what I'm doing. I go to a lab in 3 months to have A1C checked again because I have PCOS and not sure if that might come into play (he doesn't think it will).

Oh, do I add that I DO EAT CARBS!!!!! Hell, I literally have my cake and eat it, too!!! LOL

Replies

• hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hooray for great labs! So happy and proud of you!:flowerforyou:
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That is remarkable!! It is great to get good news at the doctors.
  • Sumijain
    Sumijain Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    That's really wonderful. Congratulations!
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    that's what its all about! I too am a unmedicated diabetic! The feeling of being away from those meds is AMAZING!!!
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Success!!!! You've done an amazing job with your health!
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    What fantastic news!!! Congratulations on your weight loss!!!
    Keep up the great work.
  • mayflowerak
    Options
    That is amazing. Congrats on your achievement, that is really good.
  • kelika71
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! It really means a lot to me! :)
  • stnyco
    stnyco Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a wonderful NSV. Health is more important than any number on a scale; congrats on ALL of your wonderful numbers!
  • jeanie✰
    jeanie✰ Posts: 127
    Options
    OMGOSH THAT'S WONDERFUL! Congratulations!!!
  • kelika71
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I couldn't have done it without the amazing support here!
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love to see positive medical changes through fitness, it's a great thing. Congrats on your victory!!
  • hopeful23455
    hopeful23455 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    As a Type I diabetic, can I just say that an A1c below 5 is fantastic!! You should be VERY proud of yourself, and all your hard work!
  • Debbisue52
    Debbisue52 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That is so much awesomeness!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!