What is the appeal of a kilted man??

Options

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I think naked men give me the heebie jeebies

Well, you know what men a strangely formed compared to the beauty that women are, so I don't blame you.

Even a guy in very good shape looks odd naked.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yea, sorry, I don't get it. A man in a skirt? Just not my thing.

What's worse is Georgia Tech played Notre Dame in 1997 (I was in the marching band for GT, so we were right on the sidelines while Notre Dame's band was performing). They have a team of kilted men. They're all huge, some sort of requirement that they be 6'2" and burly or something. They march around on field with the band, spinning around really fast so that their kilt flies up. And yes, they are commando. I kept seeing flashes of butt cheeks. I suppose that's nice for some, but I just didn't care for it. ick.
  • liftingbro
    Options
    I'm thinking about wearing a kilt to the Renaissance festival this year. I won't look out of place there. Plus I'm half Scottish anyway,

Where is the Ren Fair you go to?? We have an absolutely gigantic one here. That also creeps me out...

I think it's in Shakopee.

We went last year and the Wife and Daughter had as much fun as I did.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Awww!!! I want to cuddle the mini kilted man!!!

I would however, check to make sure he's not commando before i pick him up... i have a boy, I learned my lesson

*LOL* He has little black watch boxer briefs for under his kilt :) Every year since he was born he gets a new wool kilt if he's outgrown the old one. Such a cutie. Although it's stupid seeing as how we're not Scottish.... But whatever, he's still cute.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Naked men aren't that pretty. In fact, I can only think of one pretty naked man I know... I don't want to see their furry butts during a sporting event *LOL*
  • odusgolp
    Options

Where is the Ren Fair you go to?? We have an absolutely gigantic one here. That also creeps me out...

I think it's in Shakopee.

We went last year and the Wife and Daughter had as much fun as I did.

The Bristol Renaissance Fair is the one around here. It may not be that far from you, actually!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Your little kilted men are adorable!

I think some naked men are gorgeous. Guess that's just me.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Yea, sorry, I don't get it. A man in a skirt? Just not my thing.

I am so with you there! :laugh:
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Your little kilted men are adorable!

I think some naked men are gorgeous. Guess that's just me.

I agree. With both comments. But I don't get the whoel kilt thing either. I've only ever seen them on tv though, maybe if I saw a gorgeous kilted man in up close and personal I would change my mind. And my grandparents are scottish, so when I think of men in kilts I think of my 74 year old grandfather....maybe I will never ever ever even think about kilts and sexy going together again. That sounds like a good plan.
  • liftingbro
    Options
    I was just thinking, my legs are so short that my Kilt might look like a dress or may have to be so short that it could present another problem. May have to nix the kilt idea.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    *LMAO* mcrow you're killin me ;)

And thank you :) That's my little man. First picture he was about 1 and a half. Second three and a half! He's almost 5 *sniff sniff* Goes too fast.
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Aren't they supposed to be commando under the kilt?
    this, but only if he is super hot with really good legs, then I enjoy thinking he is in that little skirt with NOTHING else on!
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm Scottish... it's just in the blood lol. Do I think my lanky American husband would look good in a kilt? Uhh... no probably not lol.

Utilikilts were really popular at the last games I went to: http://www.utilikilts.com/
  • _angua_
    _angua_ Posts: 35
    Options
    My husband has a utilkilt and is very proud of it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Your Little Kilt-Boy is the cutest thing ever. I made a squeaky noise previously only used with puppies and kittens. :heart:
  • pocomama
    pocomama Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    A kilt is a sign of a custom, of tradition. For centuries a mans tartan announced to all who he was, his family name...his politics, even his religion. It is a throwback to a time where men pledged their allegiance and honor to a chief and almost everything they were, everything they fought for could be seen in the tartan that they wore. Later on when the tartan was outlawed by the English the kilt became a sign of pride. Men were beaten, tortured or even killed for wearing the clothing that was as much a part of them as the name they were given. They used to sew little scraps of it into the inside of their clothing and when they would approach the alter of the church they would secretly show the priest and he would bless the clan of the man in front of him.

I was born in Scotland and I am so proud of my heritage. When I see a man in a kilt it is more than a man in a "skirt". My boys wear their kilts as often as they like. They have worn them to school which here in the USA is not something you see everyday. We do it because we want to honor our customs. The same reason we make steak pie for dinner every few weeks, or listen to the bagpipes. It goes beyond the look of a thing.

With all of that said though I challenge any woman to look at Gerard Butler in his kilt and not get a little wobbly in the knees, lol.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    A kilt is a sign of a custom, of tradition. For centuries a mans tartan announced to all who he was, his family name...his politics, even his religion. It is a throwback to a time where men pledged their allegiance and honor to a chief and almost everything they were, everything they fought for could be seen in the tartan that they wore. Later on when the tartan was outlawed by the English the kilt became a sign of pride. Men were beaten, tortured or even killed for wearing the clothing that was as much a part of them as the name they were given. They used to sew little scraps of it into the inside of their clothing and when they would approach the alter of the church they would secretly show the priest and he would bless the clan of the man in front of him.

I was born in Scotland and I am so proud of my heritage. When I see a man in a kilt it is more than a man in a "skirt". My boys wear their kilts as often as they like. They have worn them to school which here in the USA is not something you see everyday. We do it because we want to honor our customs. The same reason we make steak pie for dinner every few weeks, or listen to the bagpipes. It goes beyond the look of a thing.

With all of that said though I challenge any woman to look at Gerard Butler in his kilt and not get a little wobbly in the knees, lol.

*Applause!*

And... http://www.google.com/search?q=gerard+butler+kilt

Even in a pink sweater and a "skirt"... SWOON!!!!!!!!!!
  • laureneva15
    laureneva15 Posts: 280
    Options

*Applause!*

And... http://www.google.com/search?q=gerard+butler+kilt

Even in a pink sweater and a "skirt"... SWOON!!!!!!!!!!

I think i just had my first heart palpitations!!
  • CandyJ9
    CandyJ9 Posts: 38
    Options
    My husband and I do historical re-enactment and our group does 16th century Scottish and Irish. He wears an old school great kilt and I think it's a combination of the confidence it takes a lot of men to wear a kilt combined with doing it well.

He looks good. :)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I like me some kilts and skl, but how is this related to diet and weight loss?