I don't seem to be hungry anymore? Ever.

Options
Hey, I've started dieting and I just don't seem to be hungry. Sometimes I crave things because of emotions and stuff, but I just don't get hungry anymore. I still eat 1200 calories a day, but I'm never hungry. Anyone know why? This kinda concerns me...

Replies

• swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    As I lost weight, I went through phases (and still do) of different types of "hunger". At first I wasn't super hungry ever, then went through weeks of being ravenous, spent some time in a weird phase where I was either stuffed or starving, went back to being always full... *shrug*. I think as we change our diet, and lose weight, our bodies and metabolisms go through alot of changes. Sometimes I think they don't know what to do with themselves anymore!

I wouldn't worry about it. When you start dieting, it's important for most people to eat according to plan instead of hunger. Especially if you are significantly overweight, your bodies hungry mechanisms have been shown to be pretty flawed.
  • jandzsmom
    jandzsmom Posts: 14
    Options
    I've noticed the same thing & even remarked to the hubs tonight how weird that was! I'm just not hungry! It's like swinging from one end of the spectrum to the other!
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot, I'm glad I'm not alone here and it is a normal thing...(:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I think it just means you are eating enough.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm not hungry either. It's scary stuffing all these calories in me. Every night I feel like I'm going to wake up 5 pounds heavier, but I don't.