Workout routine?

Options
Since, I am out for the summer currently and will be homeschooling this upcoming year, I'm going to try to workout 3X a day. Is this unhealthy while consuming 1200 calories a day?
I'm thinking of....Morning: strength or 30DS DVD or something that doesn't have ALOT of cardio. Afternoon: cardio DVD, play volleyball, or rollerskate, maybe go running. Night: I have this walk away the pounds DVD that lets you walk for up to 4 miles with jogging intervals. It also came with a jogging DVD, so I might do that after I've worked myself up to walking 4 miles with intervals.
What's your workout routine? I'd love to know!

- Hannah (:

Replies

• Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I do pilates in the morning, 7 days a week, and I do circuits with free weights 4 days a week. I also do HIIT on my elliptical 6 days a week for 15-20 minutes. My husband says I work out too much, but I just love it so. On the days that I don't strength train, I usually do more pilates.
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've seen the HIIT a lot, what is that exactly?

Thanks!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,604 Member
    Options
    I've seen the HIIT a lot, what is that exactly?

Thanks!
    High Intensity Interval Training. Let's say you workout on a treadmill.............you warm up for 5 minutes at 3.0 speed then for a 1 minute go at 9.0 speed then back down to 4.0 speed to catch your breath. Repeat. This is just an example, but by intervaling your workout, you can burn more calories in a shorter period of time and help to raise your resting metabolic rate which steady state cardio usually doesn't do.
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. Makes sense now...(: