Runners whats you mileage today?

Options
I finally ran 10 miles at one time. I did the Chicago Marathon last year and I still run 30 miles a week but my knees usually start hurting after 9. I accomplished 10 without much pain. I cant wait to train for next year Chicago Marathon. It was Windy today so where are all you runners at today???

Have a great weekend:wink:

Alisha

Replies

• Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I finally ran 10 miles at one time. I did the Chicago Marathon last year and I still run 30 miles a week but my knees usually start hurting after 9. I accomplished 10 without much pain. I cant wait to train for next year Chicago Marathon. It was Windy today so where are all you runners at today???

Alisha
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I ran all week, and do my long run on Sunday :bigsmile:

Have you checked out the book called "Chi Running"?

Even if you just adopt the running "lean" and ignore all the other "chi" stuff, your knees will thank you! My knees started hurting while running after I got back from a hiking trip in Peru, I tried this technique (which is very easy) and knee pain instantly stopped.

Good luck!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Only one mile, but it's one more than I've been doing for the last two weeks. :bigsmile: It was pouring rain. Also did 20 minutes on the elliptical. Next week I will bump up to 2 miles a day.
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Just doing maintenance training for now. My last long run was the 1/2M Big Sur, so right now I'm taking it easy. In fact, I'm running by the clock, not by the mile: 30 minutes 3x a week.
  • Wynnie
    Options

Have you checked out the book called "Chi Running"?

..... your knees will thank you!

Thanks - I'll definitely check this out. I'm beginning to lose my bestest running partner to knee worries, so maybe this will help her!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    After two days off, I ran 8 today. I didn't want two days off, but I was away on business, so it just worked out that way. I think I needed it, though. I was feeling a little burned out. So, today felt pretty good...tomorrow is my long run (14 mi.) ...

Enjoy your runs everyone!

:bigsmile:
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Thanks AngieBangie I will check out that book.

Alisha
  • mariethai
    mariethai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    "Chi Running" ?? It sounds kind of similar to tai chi - does it have any spiritual aspect to it?.

The reason I ask is yesterday I did what i call 'mindful running' I begin running and then focus all my attention on my feet, how they feel, visualise what they should be doing, and adjust them until they feel perfect, and then I move up my body - calfs, knees, thighs, pelvis, stomach, chest, shoulders, arms, neck, head - and then concentrate on my whole body for about 30 seconds. It improves my running style and brings me into the present.
  • nuctec
    nuctec Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Alisha
    Hi Alisha

I ran seacoast half last Sunday. This week I have been packing. I am moving next weekend. So ....I am using that as an excuse to take this week off. I am planning to start running again next week.

Arlene:smile:
  • Angiebangie
    Options
    There is a link to Tai Chi, the author practiced (still does I'm sure) for many years and then incorporated it into his running. Like I said I haven't done all of the "meditations" while running, some of them though, but just following the technique took my pain away, and now I pay attention to how I'm running and if I want to go faster or slower, remember to lean or back off, well you'll have to read it, it's cool stuff and it makes sense.
  • llee119
    Options
    im in high school and i am on the wrestling team... i went on a jog today and only ran 6 miles...not as much as i usually do but it sure does help keep the weight low during the wrestling season..
  • mariethai
    mariethai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks Angie! Checked it out on amazon and it looks great, running chi is on on its way... (As well as a new swim cap that has as super cool looking pirate skull on it!)
  • Wynnie
    Options
    Only one mile, but it's one more than I've been doing for the last two weeks. :bigsmile: It was pouring rain. Also did 20 minutes on the elliptical. Next week I will bump up to 2 miles a day.

Hey - meant to tell you KUDOS for running in the rain. I only just think about having the discipline to do that. Then I look out the window and say "yah right, cue the yoga tape". I'm impressed!!!
  • Angiebangie
    Options
    Ran 12 today, 27* with flurries in the Twin Cities, burr!