NorCal Newbie

Options
catshark209
catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
I'm not so "new" because I've been logging for at least a month now, but I never had the chance to introduce myself. I'm 35, and right now I'm at 105lbs. 5'3" and trying to gain muscle.
I started out at 125lbs BUT (and yes, I know 125 isn't "bad" but you'll see what I mean), I had a 34" waist, 38" hips and forget my cholesterol.
I would eat three whole eggs fried in bacon fat, flour tortillas and three Cokes for breakfast. Mid morning snack of Tom's Hot fries and a Coke....and for lunch I'd have leftover pizza, chips and you guessed it ....a Coke. At home in the evening I'd have something fried and guess what???? More soda. Half a gallon of ice cream for a before bed snack.
I think my turning point came when I couldn't fit into my jeans and had the tailor at my job add elastic like how they do for maternity pants and I wasn't pregnant. I had a otherwise "slender" body and a huge swollen belly and migraines.
I started off with the C25K app and started cutting down on the junk food. Slowly but surely I weaned myself off that shizz. Its seriously addicting but I got off of it.
Right now I'm at 105lbs, 26" waist and 33" hips. I'm trying to gain muscle so I lift alot now.
As for snacking, I've discovered sugar snap peas-raw. Pure awesomeness.
Seriously people, if I can do it, anyone can. I was so lazy and sedentary....total computer/gamer nerd...and now I work out like 5 days a week. I was unmotivated and lazy. Look at my before and after pics...believe me...clean eating and working out works!

Replies

• Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I just drove through Stockton on Wednesday on my way home from camping. Welcome to the site and congratz on your weight loss.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,665 Member
    Options
    I'm not so "new" because I've been logging for at least a month now, but I never had the chance to introduce myself. I'm 35, and right now I'm at 105lbs. 5'3" and trying to gain muscle.
    I started out at 125lbs BUT (and yes, I know 125 isn't "bad" but you'll see what I mean), I had a 34" waist, 38" hips and forget my cholesterol.
    I would eat three whole eggs fried in bacon fat, flour tortillas and three Cokes for breakfast. Mid morning snack of Tom's Hot fries and a Coke....and for lunch I'd have leftover pizza, chips and you guessed it ....a Coke. At home in the evening I'd have something fried and guess what???? More soda. Half a gallon of ice cream for a before bed snack.
    I think my turning point came when I couldn't fit into my jeans and had the tailor at my job add elastic like how they do for maternity pants and I wasn't pregnant. I had a otherwise "slender" body and a huge swollen belly and migraines.
    I started off with the C25K app and started cutting down on the junk food. Slowly but surely I weaned myself off that shizz. Its seriously addicting but I got off of it.
    Right now I'm at 105lbs, 26" waist and 33" hips. I'm trying to gain muscle so I lift alot now.
    As for snacking, I've discovered sugar snap peas-raw. Pure awesomeness.
    Seriously people, if I can do it, anyone can. I was so lazy and sedentary....total computer/gamer nerd...and now I work out like 5 days a week. I was unmotivated and lazy. Look at my before and after pics...believe me...clean eating and working out works!
    So to gain muscle, you'll have to be in calorie surplus. If you wanted to gain 1lb of pure muscle, that would be at least 600 calories to what you already eat. Unfortunately to gain muscle though, you will add some fat. It's just part of the process. This is why many competing bodybuilders whether female or male, bulk up then cut. It's practically impossible to build muscle and cut at the same time. So if you're up for it, think about gaining 10lbs with some hard work and good nutrition, then later cutting up.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions as to a regimen? I'm totally new to all this. I didn't even know what bulk and cut was until now. I was at another calorie logging site and they weren't very helpful at all.
    Thanks!