Just found a great website and wanted to share it.

Options
I was wondering how I would look if I lost 10 pounds or if I dropped a size and I came across this site on google. Its called my body gallery and it shows pictures of women that are all sizes and heights (you can search for pics of people that are different heights/weights/sizes etc). I'm guilty of judging my body too much (I think most of us are) and this site let me see other people at my height/weight and made me realize I wasn't as huge as I thought. I was comparing myself to and thinking I looked like some of the pictures and then realized I was 15-20lbs lighter than what I would have thought I was going by appearance. Just thought I'd share it since it made me judge myself a little less harshly. http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html

Replies

• JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • jenebean1983
    jenebean1983 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Very interesting!
  • lisadhancock
    lisadhancock Posts: 103
    Options
    cool, thanks!
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    i discover that site a few days ago. pretty eye opening!
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Heatherbledsoe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    this is a great site =)
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    That's really neat! I'm bad about it too. I wish I'd be rid of my extra skin that came from my weight loss so that I'd actually look like those pictures.
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Options
    thanks!48 pounds lost, put on a LOT of muscle, and i still feel like im 230 pounds (and still look like it ) and not 182.
  • Heatherbledsoe
    Options
    thanks!48 pounds lost, put on a LOT of muscle, and i still feel like im 230 pounds (and still look like it ) and not 182.
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    wow they couldnt find a match for me hmm
  • Jane92394
    Jane92394 Posts: 74
    Options
    Glad you guys like the site, I've been meaning to post it here for a couple days and i kept forgetting. It really is helpful when you feel like you've gained 10 pounds over night.
  • Jane92394
    Options
    and hey Edithrenee, you have to mess around with the weights a little bit in the drop down. For example I weigh 125 so I look under the 120lbs list since it has everything from 120-129lbs under it, same goes for height and size.
  • Jane92394
    Options
    and heather, congrats on the weight loss, I was never overweight when I started but mfp really helped me stop eating "healthy" food that was actually crap and now i actually eat fruit and veggies instead of stuff stamped with low fat/low cal that has a ton of chemicals in it
  • orleansmith
    orleansmith Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Very interesting to see what I might look like at/near my goal weight ... and what size I might be. I am excited to see myself at just halfway to my goal weight! Maybe I should print some pics out to put on my walls to remind me of where I am going with all this. I am a very visual person :)