Chocolate, cheese or wine?

Options
Wynnie
Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
This is just for fun. It generated a suprisingly lively conversation at work, so I'll ask you:

If a genie appeared to you and said you could have all the wishes you wanted, but in return you had to give up one of these forEVER!

Chocolate

Cheese

Wine

Which one would you give up?

Replies

• Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This is just for fun. It generated a suprisingly lively conversation at work, so I'll ask you:

If a genie appeared to you and said you could have all the wishes you wanted, but in return you had to give up one of these forEVER!

Chocolate

Cheese

Wine

Which one would you give up?
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. I couldn't live without cheese! And we use wine in cooking all the time (plus I love to have a glass with dinner).
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I think I could give up chocolate, too! I need my wine, and cheese is much healthier than chocolate!:smile:
  • amycakes812
    Options
    What a terrible senario! :sad: I think I would have to forgo chocolate as well. Hard as that would be, I refuse to give up wine and cheese! At least there are enough othe sweet options, there is NO substitute for a good glass of wine or cheese.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    bye bye wine! since I don't drink you anyway, I shouldn't miss you :laugh:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Cheese. I can take it or leave it. But chocolate or wine? NO WAY!! Besides, I tell myself due to their antioxidant content (I eat dark chocolate and red wine) that they are good for me. Is that a good reason? :laugh:
  • teacheratkins24
    teacheratkins24 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wine...can't stand the stuff. :noway: I could never give up chocolate or cheese...:tongue:
  • redflipr
    Options
    I agree with the wine. When I drink (which is not very often) I tend to go for the harder stuff. And if I gave up cheese or chocolate what would I order at The Melting Pot?! :drinker:

102421.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the weird quirk in my makeup that doesn't play nice with alcohol to begin with (doesn't matter if it's wine, beer or whatever, it hits my stomach and makes a U-turn :drinker: =:sick: ), giving up wine would be a no-brainer :wink:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I don't like wine :drinker: but I could NEVER give up chocolate! :noway:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Oh that's difficult....I'd have to give a sad farewell to cheese.

Chocolate is a necessity. I don't think I'd exist without it. Cheese and Wine are on the same level, but I family functions wouldn't be bearable without the wine, therefore I'd have to drop the cheese.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    cheese or chocolate or both could go, but never my wine:drinker:
  • kimmerlyjo
    kimmerlyjo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    This is a super easy one!

CHOCOLATE!!! My mom always says she doesn't know how i'm her daughter and don't care for chocolate! And growing up in WI i could never give up my cheese, and visiting Germany really hooked me on the wine!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    dont drink wine. i have tried to be sophisticated and order Chianti with an Italian meal....ended up giving it to my friend. YUCK!! ( or maybe it was the bottle of MD20/20 my friend and I shared at 15 behind the skating rink...I have never had a headache like that again in my life. My mom laughed like crazy and said I was punished enough, she didnt need to do a thing but clang the dishes all day!!)

can take or leave chocolate, although now I really want some, thanks a lot

now CHEESE is my favorite food of all time. it goes on pizza, chicken, all kinds of crackers. it is salty or sweet, hard or soft. cheese makes the world go round, or at least my world
    :heart:
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    WINE. That would be easy considering I LOVE cheese and chocolate!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Uh....is Shannon here? :embarassed: No? Ok......

away with the wine then!!!!!! Give me cheeses and chocolate any day.:bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Uh....is Shannon here? :embarassed: No? Ok......

away with the wine then!!!!!! Give me cheeses and chocolate any day.:bigsmile:

I knew you would say that!! And i love your new quote!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    dont drink wine. i have tried to be sophisticated and order Chianti with an Italian meal....ended up giving it to my friend. YUCK!! ( or maybe it was the bottle of MD20/20 my friend and I shared at 15 behind the skating rink...I have never had a headache like that again in my life. My mom laughed like crazy and said I was punished enough, she didnt need to do a thing but clang the dishes all day!!)

now CHEESE is my favorite food of all time. it goes on pizza, chicken, all kinds of crackers. it is salty or sweet, hard or soft. cheese makes the world go round, or at least my world

MD 20/20? LOL I haven't heard that since high school!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

MD 20/20? LOL I haven't heard that since high school!

i am wretching just THINKING about it and it has been over 30 years!!! lol
  • bhdb
    bhdb Posts: 17
    Options
    I don't drink anything with alcohol in it (oh yes, I'm that boring :tongue: ) so I could easily live without wine. Heck, I DO live without wine :laugh: But chocolate is like a drug to me.. I just ate a chocolate flavored muesli bar as a part of my lunch :embarassed: Cheese on the other hand is something I eat only on rare occasions. I do love it in a way but it's not a necessity in my diet.. :smile: