Nausea and dizzy spells after workout

Options
2»

Replies

• rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'll check with my doctor.

When I found out I had a heart murmur I had gone in with weird palpitations and dizziness and I was at the time enrolled in a GYM so I did mention workouts to him. Also I mentioned to him that at that time when enrolled in the GYM during my workout I was constantly yawning but thats not a problem anymore.
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I've noticed after I workout I always end up feeling nauseated and/or dizzy and shacky - what's wrong with me? Today was the worst I've felt; I felt so out of it and felt like I was going to pass out and I drank water and the more I drank the more nauseated I felt.
    Sounds to me like you're working out on an empty stomach. How much time has elapsed between your last meal and your workout?

I agree. That's how I feel if I work out on an empty stomach.
  • rankles
    rankles Posts: 8
    Options
    I'll check with my doctor.

When I found out I had a heart murmur I had gone in with weird palpitations and dizziness and I was at the time enrolled in a GYM so I did mention workouts to him. Also I mentioned to him that at that time when enrolled in the GYM during my workout I was constantly yawning but thats not a problem anymore.

I used to yawn constantly too before going dizzy. Maybe get yourself a heart rate monitor and look into increasing your aerobic capacity so that your endurance is higher.

Hope this helps!
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'll try the heart rate monitor but I'm going to try eating something before I workout too maybe that's the problem - suggestions on what I should try having besides a banana?

Last night I felt horrible and I googled my problem and a suggestion was drinking juice so I took small sips of orange juice...kinda helped but I was hella shaky.
  • SophiaVictoria13
    Options
    This is definitely because you hadn't eaten at all or you didn't eat enough to fuel your body for the exercises you did. This exact same thing happened to me today and it was horrible and I hadn't eaten properly since this morning. Lesson learned for me; make sure to exercise with a healthy amount of energy to expend. I cannot stress this enough.

Be safe while you exercise, guys.