Seem to have lost all of my support

Options
I had a small, but nice group of friends who were supposed to be my inspiration and support. Most of them have left me...I guess I wasn't doing as well as I should have or ???? I don't know.

Anyway, looking for some support. I try to log in every day, but I sometimes forget. I try to make good choices with food....but I don't always do so. I do, however, enter all the food, good or bad. I am trying to get more on track with exercise, but don't even always live up to my own goals.

I have lost 60 pounds since I began this weight loss journey, 9 of which since I started on MFP in April. It is slow progress...some because of my diet, but a lot because I am on insulin. I have found it very hard to keep losing weight since I had to start insulin over a year ago.

So, if any of you are interested in helping me out, please send me a friend request. Thanks!

Replies

• camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i know what you mean about losing your support. i have support here too, and seems like my support just kinda forgot that they were supposed to be there to support me.

that's why i ♥ mfp. such an amazing support group on here. at least you have the right site to track calories and exercise. and also to reach out to the right people to be there for you through thick and thin!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    60 lbs is great! maybe you intimidated them
    i'll support you
  • kentishmaid
    Options
    Totally agree with wickedcricket. I've lost friends at various times in my life ie divorce, weight loss, new job etc. They couldn't handle the fact the that I was no longer in their cosy pigeonhole. It's tough but you've done the right thing by looking for new support. Please feel free to add me as a friend, I could do with your support too!
  • charmednz
    charmednz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 60 pounds, but why doesnt that show on your ticker? have you rejoined?
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that.

60 pounds is an amzing feat, and you should be proud of yourself! :happy:

I know not everyone can be on MFP 2 hours a day, and everyone uses it in a different way. I'd love to support you on MFP, but I do delete people who haven't logged in for a week or more (without saying they're going on vacation, or will be busy).
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it looks like friends forgot about you, but you don't have to give up. Even by looking at each others food diary and exercise that they do every day we get the motivation we need and I know how it is to be on insulin, because my mom was on it, but not anymore. five months ago I started checking her food intake and changed all what she was eating before and now she does not use insulin and she feels good, so you keep your faith and the support is gonna be always for you, but you are the only one that has to believe in yourself. Feel free to add me :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • DarMC
    DarMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    FEEL FREE TO ADD ME.

"Congrats on your loss!"

I have friends that I support everyday. Some support me back daily and others are off and on. I realize people have busy lives and schedules and can't spend a full day online.

That's all we can do, is our best. :D

Have an amazing day!

Dar
  • odie02
    odie02 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 60 pounds, but why doesnt that show on your ticker? have you rejoined?

I just joined in April and had already lost 51 pounds....didn't think at the time to put my original starting weight in. I tried to change it but it won't let me.
  • FifiLea
    FifiLea Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you feel deserted. Add me!

You're doing really well, you should be very very proud. :smile:
  • Natasha7t2
    Natasha7t2 Posts: 129
    Options
    Feeling like you have been deserted can be demoralising and disheartening.

Please add me too. I will give you my support :smile:
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I know that friends and supporters on here are great motivation to me. I have sent you a friend request. Congratulations on the 60 already lost and good luck on any remainder you need to lose.
  • odie02
    odie02 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all who responded! I appreciate the support :)