Help :((

Options
Hello, I was just reading on a few websites about how many calories MY body needs to lose weight. I know that MFP sets an amount of 1200 for everyone, but I calculated my BMR and it said I needed 1449 cal to be able to do anything. But in order for me to lose weight, I should reduce to 1369. I'm just confused because I'm not sure how many calories I should burn per day or per week, and how many I should be eating per week. I'm 134 lbs and I would like to be at least 115 or 120 by December. I don't want to go into "starvation mode" or hit a plateau or anything because I'm eating too few calories, and I don't want to eat too many. Any help would be great, thanks!

Replies

• imgone324
    imgone324 Posts: 84
    Options
    MFP actually calculates individual data based on the information you enter into the site. For instance, I have almost 1700 calories per day. Play around with the site more.....1200 is the minimum you should consume per day. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • skinnerc1
    skinnerc1 Posts: 12
    Options
    I seem to be on a similar road to you....I;m 137lb and wish to loose 21lb. I have 1200cls to work with daily. I've only started this site 2 days ago and finding it ok but i'm sure as the weeks go on i will find it more and more difficult to stick to 1200, I like to get a run in 3 times a week and it means more calories to eat. Add me if u want and we can see how we go together.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    it doesnt set 1200 for everyone. it calculates..not entirely accurately i may add your BMR with activity level. so its your T.E.E.

the 1200 cal a day is a myth btw. There are NO set rules or scientific evidence that all people everywhere NEED at least 1200 cals a day..i mean 1200 a day for what? survival? well thats not true..its a myth that stems from that if you dont enough each day you'll feel hungry, hence have a tendency to binge. watch those myths
  • sleepygiraffes
    sleepygiraffes Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    it doesnt set 1200 for everyone. it calculates..not entirely accurately i may add your BMR with activity level. so its your T.E.E.

the 1200 cal a day is a myth btw. There are NO set rules or scientific evidence that all people everywhere NEED at least 1200 cals a day..i mean 1200 a day for what? survival? well thats not true..its a myth that stems from that if you dont enough each day you'll feel hungry, hence have a tendency to binge. watch those myths

Exactly. I've been eating my set 1200 cals a day, but still feel hungry at the end of the day. In fact my stomach is growling right now. I'm thinking I should be feeling full or at least satisfied with the day's meals. I've just never counted calories before so I don't know what a healthy amount is for my body weight and considering how much I want to lose.