tredmill calorie discrepancy

Options
I was just curious if anyone has noticed a discrepancy between the calories one burns during a tredmill workout, in reference to what the tredmill says and what is actually burned.

I have been using a body bugg for a few weeks now and I am amazed at how much lower my calorie burning total is after i've uploaded the information versus what the tredmill states that i've done. In some cases after an hour long stent on the tredmill, the two numbers will be off by over 250 calories!

Has anyone else noticed this? Perhaps it's just the program that my particular tredmill uses, but i was working out for many weeks WITHOUT knowing this knowledge and my progress in weight loss was VERY slow. I was putting the tredmill calorie loss in and aparently overshootign it by quite a bit. Not that I've adjusted and my calorie burning is a little more accurate, things are going a lot better for me!

I do have to say...when the MFP app/program first calculates your activity, it is pretty dang accurate when looking at what my body bugg says i've done. My mistake was I was always adjusting it because I thought the tredmill would be more accurate then the program...WRONG!...

Replies

• jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I don't use what the treadmill says, I have a HRM for that. its set to my height, weight and so on. the treadmill just uses the basic algorythm... its not set to your body at all.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Also, check to see if your treadmill had a weight input. The higher the weight the more calories it says you burn. I always set mine to a lower weight.