Help and advice would be apprechiated

Options
Hello

all i seem to be in a rut i have been steadally losing weight but this week i have gained 2lb, i have opened my diary for now and any advice and motivation would be gratefully recived!! i exercise as often as poss but weekends i struggle as i work long days as i am a chef (also one of my problems!!) also i have just started weight train i apprechiate i may gain musle weight but should i still be loseing fat weight?? i dont want to end up weighing more as my bmi is through the roof now!!
any help please

cheers
Wayne

Replies

• starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on losing 16 lbs!! That is an amazing accomplishment!! Keep that in mind going forward!! That itself is a great motivator because you know you can do it!!

I peaked at your diary, and I think it might benefit you to track your sodium intake too. Salty things tend to make you retain water. I'd also up the water too, to offset any extra amounts of sodium.

Hope this helps a bit! :)
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    Well there go your answer right there. If you are just starting out lifting weight then your muscles retain water then in a few weeks it will level out. This is what I read on Bodybuilding.com. Anytime you start a new program you will gain a small amount of water weight. I doubt if you already gained 2 pounds of muscle so soon. I bet in a week or so you will be back at the weight you was before weight training. Lifting weight is a great calorie burner in itself. I know im a female but I lift weight 3-4 times per week. But I just changed my routine into lifting weights only twice a week and do a total body weight training. I want to focus on losing more weight but still keep my muscle. I gained two pounds of muscle. How do I know, well because my body fat % went down and i am losing inches, so when you lose inches you lose fat. but the scale says I gained 2 pounds. So I rely on my measurements for accuracy. because that darn scale is going to make me run it over with my car...LOl...good luck to you, friend me if you would like!
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    I also looked at your diary for the past few days. A couple of days you did not eat enough. A man should eat a minimun of 1500 calories, thats just the minimum. Your carbs are way to high on some days and your protein is way too low. If you are going to weight train then you need to up your protein intake to at least 125 for a man. Try to stay away from processed foods which has a lot of sodium in it. Incorporate more lean meats to get your protein and protein shakes. Fruits and veggies is always a plus. Im not new to this, I already lost 66 pounds and still going strong. So i hope this helps u...
  • aoifebr
    aoifebr Posts: 92
    Options
    Hey Wayne,
    Way to go on the weight loss so far...
    I'm not an expert but I experienced something similar. When I started eat smaller meals more regularly (c300/400 cal per meal) & aim for “naked food”(the less processed the better, with a much bigger emphasis on protein over carbs), my weight loss got back on track. I imagine as a chef it can be hard to eat regularly but try come up with a routine - I plan my days in advance & while I don’t always stick with it I try my best & it’s become a habit. Where I don’t stick with it I made the best choice I can i.e. rye or wholegrain over white bread, fruit/nuts/tin of salmon/tuna rather than chocolate or sausage rolls etc. There are a couple of days where you are under your intake which won’t help you in the long run (the dreaded Ketosis), always hit your minimum.

Stick with it Wayne you’ll get there.
  • waynelee10
    Options
    Thanks all so far very helpful!!!
  • Natasha7t2
    Natasha7t2 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hi Wayne,

Well done on your weight-loss so far. I have only just started and hope I do as well as you :smile:

I have just looked at your food diary and the only thing I would strongly suggest is to stay right away from the take-away meals, processed foods, refined sugar and white bread etc. I cannot stress how bad these are for you. There is no nutritional value or goodness. You may lose the weight but the damage to your health and heart will not be evident. If you cut right down on the bad foods - with a view to cutting them out - you will notice significant changes to your weight-loss and health in no time at all, and you will set yourself up nicely for long-term health. If you can replace the bad foods with better foods (as someone suggested) you will feel so much better.

Someone sent me the link to Michi's Ladder. This should be really help you with knowing how and what to replace the food you're currently eating. http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/michis-ladder

Good luck Wayne. You can do it :smile: