my grocery list mfp style

Options
even though i have lost 4 pounds this week this has happened to me before and i feel bitter/sweet about my lost .....
i need some tips on how to eat better

can anyone write down a food and a different food of what i should add to my list
i tend to make bad choices at the store !!!! help lol

Replies

• peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    fresh fruits and vegetables
    frozen vegetables
  • rocki21
    rocki21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i usually cook up things nothing really ever frozen because it has a lot of sodium i have seen so i usually try to make everything from scratch and choose the healthiest choices i also use some of the recipes put on here
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    ground beef
    get extra lean if you eat meat and or turkey ground meat
    hot dogs
    vegetarian hot dogs
    milk
    nonfat milk or soy milk or almond milk
    coffee
    green tea or water
    snacks
    get vegetables to snack on or fruit (fresh or frozen not canned)

Im not sure how good this is but thats some of the things I replace
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    i usually cook up things nothing really ever frozen because it has a lot of sodium i have seen so i usually try to make everything from scratch and choose the healthiest choices i also use some of the recipes put on here
    I believe she means like frozen meals and stuff like that
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese - low fat - garlic&chives is great
    Yoghurt - low fat
    Ryvita crisp breads
    Beans and lentils
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    bump!
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    If you like things like chocolate, biscults/cookies look for lighter options but check the cal and fat contents and compare to normal versions or to what you buy to see if there is a difference.

Also by taking your time to look at the nutritional values on the packaging will allow you realise whats in them and maybe by doing that you will decide you don't need it or thats its not a healthy choice and go for something that is.

Try and plan your shopping list before you go and stick to it, think about what meals and snacks you will be doing/want as well so you don't buy loads of stuff that end up not being used or wasted.

Hope it goes ok.

xVC