What to do with Hummus????

What do I do with it...its original flavor

Replies

• Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    eat it ;-)

Works nicely as a dip with brocolli, celery or cucumber...
    Really nice on crispbread or rice crackers
    On a baked potato

just check the calories - a little bit goes a long way...
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    spread it on toast with mango chutney. HEAVEN

its also amazing with pickled beetroot (honest, i didnt believe it till i tried it)

in wraps with falafel and salad
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 167 Member
    Yummy, add to sandwiches instead of margarine. Have with crackers. I make lamb kofta's and have it with them. ,(kids love em. )
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Hummus and curried tuna sandwiches!
    Or just dip carrots, cucumber and bell peppers in it.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    eat it, with anything...... I love love love it.... warm pitta bread,halloumi, olives tomato salad.... glass of chilled viognier, hang on thats when im not on a diet lol!!!! give it away it is full of calories lol!!!!
  • Slinkybaz
    Slinkybaz Posts: 312 Member
    Toasted Pita Bread dipped in Hommus is the ONLY way forward. I love it!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    spread it on rice cakes
    dip veggies
    dip chips
    make a sandwich
  • JUDGEDBY1
    JUDGEDBY1 Posts: 115
    Hey, as hummus being one of our food ( Middle easten, Aisan) were taught that hummus is a dip. So normally the best way to it is to get some turkish bread or rolls slice et, use some garlic oil or spread on top of it, oven bake et until its crisp golden, then just dip et. Like many others prefer et as a veg dip.

Enjoy et the lebanese style ;) the best!!!

I can give u a recipe for home made hummus? If u wish?:smile:
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Hummus is good as a dip, some people put it as sandwiches that sort of thing. If its regular flavor that you don't like you can doctor it up.

A friend of mine buys the cheap regular hummus and adds different spices to it to make it a little spicier. Maybe try that to give it a whole new flavor.
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    I stir in hot peppers (out of the jar) then dip in baby carrots or Carrs Table Water Crackers.
  • eamconnor
    eamconnor Posts: 130 Member
    I like to eat hummus with a spoon. :laugh:
  • Green_Eyed_Girl88
    Green_Eyed_Girl88 Posts: 73 Member
    My favorite is:

1 whole wheat tortilla
    2 tbs hummus
    1c. romaine lettuce (or any other lettuce blend)
    2tbs fat free Italian dressing
    sliced veggies ( I like cucumbers and shredded carrots)

Spread hummus on tortilla, Add all other ingredients , roll and enjoy :)
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    I eat it on veggie sandwiches or use it for dip with my veggies.
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Hey, as hummus being one of our food ( Middle easten, Aisan) were taught that hummus is a dip. So normally the best way to it is to get some turkish bread or rolls slice et, use some garlic oil or spread on top of it, oven bake et until its crisp golden, then just dip et. Like many others prefer et as a veg dip.

Can I be cheeky and ask for the recipe, I've been searching for a decent one.

As for how to use it, my fav is as a dip with anything! But I also use it as an alternative to butter/marg on bread/rice cakes/potatoes.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    I like to eat hummus with a spoon. :laugh:

Yep!! Or with baby carrots!! :D
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    You can spice it up with Cayanne pepper or Chipolte in adobo sauce. Eat it with cut veggies or whole wheat crackers.
  • gr82run
    gr82run Posts: 48 Member
    I like it on a warm pita with some Endamame salad on it. I get my Endamame salad already made @ BJ's. Mmmmm.
  • Turkey on a deli flat with hummus, cucumbers and whatever other veggie you want. Also just put in on a deliflat for breakfast and put an eggwhite spinach feta omlet on it. Yum!
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Its great to use instead of butter to stick your sandwiches together, as everyone says hummous with loads of salad is devine . Also good with chicken or other grilled lean meat to flavour it up, a good evening meal is some rice, chicken, salad, peppers and a good dollop of hummous on top.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member

that woud be awesome