How long till you felt you looked good??

Options
Hi,
I was looking at my ticker & noticed that I had reached my 1/4 way marker (25% lost)
Yet I still feel & look huge.
At what percentage loss did you start to think 'I actually look good'??

Replies

• whitejessamine
    Options
    For me, it's very erratic. If I can manage to focus on what's not there anymore, I feel pretty good about it. But as long as I look in the mirror in search of flaws, I will always find them. Even in my skinny days, when I weighed 107 lbs, I thought I was fat, because I focused on the features I didn't like.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I was looking at my ticker & noticed that I had reached my 1/4 way marker (25% lost)
    Yet I still feel & look huge.
    At what percentage loss did you start to think 'I actually look good'??

Its all relative - do I think I could look better, sure! But when I look at where I came from do I think I can look good... yep!
    I can finally stand at the start line of a race in my tight spandex capris and tank and not feel like people are secretly laughing.
    You have to learn to love your body at every point!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I lost down to 132-134 with the help of a trainer and eating healthy foods. At this point I had no muffin top, but at 48 I still had fat and cellulite. So, I didn't feel I looked good, only better.

Then I measured my body and thought "WHAT would you tell your best friend? Because you should BE your best friend!"

I then looked in the mirror with my nice jeans, pretty shirt...................hair all done up. And thought "BFF you look HOT!! ":laugh:

Now I am back to almost 150 and still feel pretty. Isn't that funny? I think the brain takes some time to catch up with the body for sure.

Keep up the good work. You have now lowered any chance of health issues by more than half!! Now that is something to cheer:drinker:
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    It really took a lot of time and a lot of new clothes. I suggest really buying some new clothes, something tighter and daring, and you will see the difference!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I always thought I looked good...I just look better now!
  • kevandkeira
    kevandkeira Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You will see the difference!
    I hope so!
    When I done weight watchers about 4 years ago I got to within 14lbs of reaching my target, but still felt I looked fat. I've seen the term skinny fat used on here a lot & that is how I would have described myself, I'm hoping that as I have been losing by eating better & exercising that I will feel good about myself when I reach my goal weight.
  • Bsp120167
    Bsp120167 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am just starting to feel a lot better about myself now. I am not sure what my goal weight will ultimately be but I am sort of hoping my body will tell me when I am there. Of course my goal is to have more than one ab, but will see how close I get to that.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    ive lost about 26 pounds *its taken 6 months to do it but hey* anyways i feel 10x better about myself just with this and i still have another 40ish to lose
  • LondonLad
    LondonLad Posts: 31
    Options
    When I had lost about 30lbs and my most of old clothes were sent to the charity shop.

Replacing the clothes was a blast and I felt gooooooooood :laugh: :laugh:

I now want to reach a point where I have to replace them all again :happy:
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I did a MFP Blog about this awhile back titled, What we see VS what others see.

To paraphrase it: When looking at ourselves in the mirror or pics, we all tend to focus on what we think still needs improvement. When others see before and after pics, they usually focus on seeing what has *already* improved.

I still struggle with it myself. I know I look better, and I feel better, than I did 40lbs ago. But I still don't always feel like I look "good", 'cause I still see what could be better still.

Someone mentioned just wanting more than one ab, and I can relate, lol. But, when you get two, you want 4, and I'm sure it keeps going from there...

In the meantime, I try to focus more on what I am *doing* verse what I am looking like.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I will let you know when it happens. :ohwell:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    At 66% (20 pounds down out of the 30 to lose), I finally felt good about myself. This only happened 4 pounds ago, lol. Granted, I still have belly fat that I hate, my hips and thighs could use some work, etc. and 7 pounds left until goal, but I finally am liking what I see in the mirror.
  • Selly7749
    Selly7749 Posts: 48
    Options
    Make sure that you are doing other things to make yourself look good as well!

You can't tell from my ticker, because it starts at 253, my initial weight, but it ignores the fact that i then went up to 264, so I've actually lost 14lbs in the last month or so. I feel I look better now, cus I can see where that weight is gone, and also, because every time I've lost some weight, I've gotten myself a little treat - some earrings, a new nail varnish, got my eyebrows done, something like that! So when I look at those things, I remember that i've worked hard and achieved something, so I see all that when I look in the mirror too :)

It's important to be determined and focused, but remember to love yourself at every size, cus our goals are long term, and we need to be happy on the way as well :)
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    It's on and off with me. There are days when I look in the mirror and go wow, looking good (usually while I'm wearing something that emphasizes how much less there is of me. But there are days where I still see the same body I had 70lbs ago. I just have to keep telling myself to focus on what I've accomplished. The good days come more frequently now. It's as much mental as anything else.