Sugars

Options
cclark1203
cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
I can never seem to stay within my sugar goal. I eat fruits such as cantaloupe, watermelon, grapes. I have stopped eating my Activia Fiber One Yogurt which I love and am starting to substitute greek plain yogurt with added blueberries, etc. Does everyone else have trouble staying within your sugar allowance? If I eat a cupl of watermelon and some cantaloupe is seems like I am over right away. What does everyone else do?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I was told by my diabetic nutritionist not to worry about tracking sugar because the sugar is included in carb count. If I am getting the sugar from healthy foods and my carbs are within healthy limit I know I'm good.
  • Cebrinaj
    Cebrinaj Posts: 16
    Options
    MY SUGAR INTAKE IS USUALLY ALWAYS OVER BY AROUND 20 I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW TO KEEP IT IN THE RANGE IT SUGGEST!!!!
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yes I have that problem too even when I am spot on with everything else.
  • Cebrinaj
    Cebrinaj Posts: 16
    Options
    I KNOW MY DIET IS USUALLY ON TRACK AND MY CALORIES USUALLY ARE UNDER THE AMOUNT NEEDED.... I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW TO MEET YOUR CALORIE GOAL AND NOT GO OVER!!!!
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this also, I really believe that as long as the sugar is from fruit and not refined its ok to be over. I try to get my sugar from fruit and really only ck it if I know I've eaten something bad.