Ate my exercise calories... scale didn't budge!?!?!?

Options
I have been on a plateau for some time. I lost alot of weight (120 lbs) by changing food intake alone with minimal exercise. I joined the gym in January and have going every day and growing stronger and stronger but see absolutely no change in the scale. I still have more weight to lose per my doctor. In reviewing everything, I came to the conclusion that I was drastically increasing my calories burned during exercise but not eating my calories. I diagnosed myself in the starvation mode. Then I started eating the calories I burned and have been doing so for a week and a half. No budge on the scale either way! I am so perplexed.

Replies

• RocheleLynn
    RocheleLynn Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should look into getting a bodybugg. that way you can track exactly how many calories you burn and how many you eat..... And as soon as you hit -3,500 calorie burn you will lose a pound. :)
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Have you measured yourself or checked your body fat%? Maybe it's just going to be slower going than it has been in the past. Keep at it, you can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • colmcarlin
    colmcarlin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Try and measure your body fat %age. What you are losing in Fat could be made up in muscle growth and/or water retention.
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    From what I understand it'll take your body a few weeks to readjust. I would consider going on maintenance mode for a week or two and then starting fresh. I did that with my last plateau and it worked very well to get things restarted. GL
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    If you were really in starvation mode it can take a while to get out. You're increasing your calories a little, but you're working out, so your body is still seeing high demands and low intake-just not as low as before. You can keep going as you are, or you can try eating at your maintenance level for couple weeks or even a month-no deficit. You may even see a pound or so gained. But when you see that you know your body getting enough calories and can start taking the count down a little by not eating back all your exercise calories until you get to the sweet spot where you start losing again. Either way it can take longer than 10days-be patient.