New and No More Grazing!!

Options
Hi all!

I decided to join MFP to "regulate" myself!

A few months ago, our house experienced severe flooding damage and we decided to SLOWLY do all the repairs other than flood remediation ourselves. Unfortunately, we were always tired and hungry so although we were getting a workout doing contruction, we were also eating out almost every day! Talk about a way to pack on the pounds. I went to the Dr a couple weeks ago and I was right at my life "high weight" of 148 pounds. YIKES! And this is an out of shape 148 pounds.....I've definitely been feeling the muffin top creaping over the waistband. I generally hover around a farily fit and trim 135-140, but since I'm tyring this website I figure I'll try to kick it up a notch and make between 130-135 my "hover weight."

Now that most of the renovations are complete, I figure NO MORE EXCUSES! I'm not dieting, per say, but just getting on a regimen and sticking to it. My biggest problem in the past has been grazing. Eating a little extra sauce when cooking...I won't BUY junk food, but if someone brings junk food into work...watch out! I turn into a pig. Also, we are going to limit eating out to once every couple weeks or so. And when we do, I'll try and stay away from those delicious things like creme sauces and steaks.

My other goal is to get on a better workout schedule. I quit my main gym membership earlier this year because I never had time to go. I use the dogs as the excuse--my husband and I both are involved in search and rescue and have 2 working dogs (one being a 6 month old in training), so their training needs are absolutely ridiculous. Sure, we still hike ALL the time. But it's not the same as working out so hard you have sweat dripping down your face and every muscle in your body is shaking. My "comprimise" was to buy a little 19" TV for our workout room and get some workout DVD's and trying to make it just once a week to the gym at my husband's work. I also am on an indoor soccer team about 6-8 months out of the year, with the summer being the downtime. So I need to keep up the cardio stuff when I'm not running on the field!

I'm happy with MFP so far. It can be a pain finding all the foods and entering them, but I'm getting the hang out of how it works. The "calorie awareness" is definitely there. The other day someone had a bowl of M&M's out. I grabbed a few (10) and ate them...and then went and looked up the calories. Thank-you-very-much-I'm-done! I had a little chocolate fix so i didn't feel deprived, but probably ate 2/3 less than I normally would have. Hope it keeps up!

Well, that's a little (lot) about my goals. If I post a lot, you'll discover I'm a horribly wordy person and tend to ramble :-)

Replies

• ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    welcome...sounds like you have a great plan....
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Well I'am proud of you for doing something about it. Sorry about the flooding in your home. But it looks to me that you are not afraid of hard work . Welcome ! You will find that there is alot of nice people on this site that will help you along the way.
    S.W 350 H.W 369
    C. W. 215
    G.W 150
    You can do this! You will SUCCEED at this.:happy: