I've lost a 2nd grader

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
We had a function at church today, and someone asked how much weight I've lost so far. When I said 72 pounds, a young girl who is in 2nd grade said "WOW! That's how much I weigh!" So, I've lost the equivalent of a 2nd grader! I tried to pick her up to just see what 72 pounds I've lost felt like, and I couldn't do it.

It really brought home to me just how much I've lost and made me feel better. I needed that today because the stupid scale was up 1.4 pounds this morning since 2 days ago when I weighed last. I'm so tired of this water weight, glycogen weight, etc. etc. etc. making the scale go up/down/up/down/up/down deprimetriste294230fr.gif

But anyway, it felt good to see this girl standing there as an actual physical representation of how much weight I've lost :happy: No wonder my knees, ankles, hips, and back all feel better now!

Replies

• shorerider
    Options
    We had a function at church today, and someone asked how much weight I've lost so far. When I said 72 pounds, a young girl who is in 2nd grade said "WOW! That's how much I weigh!" So, I've lost the equivalent of a 2nd grader! I tried to pick her up to just see what 72 pounds I've lost felt like, and I couldn't do it.

It really brought home to me just how much I've lost and made me feel better. I needed that today because the stupid scale was up 1.4 pounds this morning since 2 days ago when I weighed last. I'm so tired of this water weight, glycogen weight, etc. etc. etc. making the scale go up/down/up/down/up/down deprimetriste294230fr.gif

But anyway, it felt good to see this girl standing there as an actual physical representation of how much weight I've lost :happy: No wonder my knees, ankles, hips, and back all feel better now!
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    Very well done shorerider,this proves with determination we can all get there. Thanks for sharing your wonderful news with us.:happy:

"Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have forgotten how to fly"
  • skinnyminnie18
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!

And don't even worry about the water weight fluctuations-- in a couple of days, the scale will be back to normal :]
  • kimmerlyjo
    kimmerlyjo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    That is so absolutely amazingly outstandingly awesome...

CONGRATS!!!
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    thats great!! and remember, the 2nd grader had bones and heavier density than the fat that you lost. SOO you prob lost a larger amount than even her!!
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    WOW! My daughter is in 4th grade a weights 75 pounds. :happy:
  • shorerider
    Options
    WOW! My daughter is in 4th grade a weights 75 pounds. :happy:

HA! So, I've lost a skinny 4th grader then, huh?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!