What exercises get skinny legs, not muscular legs?

Options

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    For thin, non-muscley legs, avoid any type of leg excersize. No squats, no lunges, no bike riding, no nothing eat at a consistent calorie deficit until you achieve the desired thinness. Avoid walking excessively fast, also.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Personally? I greatly prefer my "bulky" muscular legs (and arms) to the skinny ones I used to have.

retro.jpg

Plus, I'd much rather legs that can carry me over 10k in less than an hour over skinny legs that got pooped walking three miles in an hour.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Bed rest.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    gracienkaidens_momma Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Bed rest.

Seriously? I think the poster would like helpful feedback. This is not even funny.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Do some yoga on top of your biking! The yoga helps stretch out your legs which will make them look nice and lean!
    Uh no. The stretching stretches the muscle, but does NOTHING to elongate it. Your muscle insertions are permanent from birth.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Pilates is supposed to help elongate, thin down, the legs. Worth a shot!
    Again no.

IDEA Fitness member
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Walking lunges is the ONLY thing that has really defined my legs the way I want...
  • nikkis57
    nikkis57 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! Try taking an adult beginner ballet class! I tried that a couple years ago and it was REALLY effective! You use your own body weight as resistance and most of the moves involve muscle flex/stretch combo. You'll definitely work up a sweat! Pilates and yoga area also really great options too!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    200px-A_Torture_Rack.jpg
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    I would take muscular legs over skinny, modelesque legs ANY DAY. It means you are a working woman.
  • Beastette
    Options
    Bed rest.

Seriously? I think the poster would like helpful feedback. This is not even funny.

I was one of the few people giving a suggestion that would actually work. Muscular atrophy is achievable through a lack of use and reduction in calories. I didn't discourage her goals, nor did I discount them. Sorry I did not make you laugh, but that wasn't my goal.
  • Beastette
    Options
    200px-A_Torture_Rack.jpg

Now, this? This is funny.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    200px-A_Torture_Rack.jpg

Nice rack :wink:
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    Bed rest.

I was one of the few people giving a suggestion that would actually work. Muscular atrophy is achievable through a lack of use and reduction in calories. I didn't discourage her goals, nor did I discount them. Sorry I did not make you laugh, but that wasn't my goal.

Um my suggestion of eating a healthy low calorie diet while doing lunges, squats and deadlifts would actually work to tone and tighten her muscles much more than "bed rest." That's just ridiculous!
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    Do some yoga on top of your biking! The yoga helps stretch out your legs which will make them look nice and lean!
    Uh no. The stretching stretches the muscle, but does NOTHING to elongate it. Your muscle insertions are permanent from birth.

IDEA Fitness member

Now this guy knows what he is talking about!
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    When I finally get the tight and toned legs that I am looking for by lifting heavy, I am going to post my before and after shots to prove to those people who think that women lifting heavy automatically will look bulky. I am not there yet, but believe me what I've done so far has yielded results that are far from bulky. Just sayin...
  • cspark1982
    Options
    Like others have said try yoga Pilates and swimming
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Do you want strong legs or skinny legs?
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    I hear this all the time from friends/girlfriends etc..

The truth is, women do not produce enough testosterone to pack on tons of muscle without years of excessive training.

Calves are very genetic, I have large ones also but I'm proud of them since most guys have chicken legs.

Riding a bike will not make your calves bigger and not riding the bike will not make your calves smaller. The point that you would need to get to, to achieve muscular atrophy in your legs would be completely unhealthy.

Be proud! Or squat at the gym a little more often to help proportions on the legs.

i think that legs should be proportionate to the rest of the body. larger legs make a guy look stronger. chicken legs are extremely unattractive on men with big arms. women too. big belly, big breasts, flabby arms and broad shoulder, all situated on a pair of toothpicks.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Zumba and Spin for me :wink: